Wisdom or Foolish?

Seems very stupid if the only way to get a free ticket is to drive above the limits. Its like prisoners getting games consoles and TV's! rewards for bad behaviour.

Good idea to get them off the streets, bad if it's a once only deal as many will get the taste for it and take it to the streets!

definitely foolish, track time for anti-social behaviour. they should just let people access it anyway to keep them off the road.

Sometimes I wonder what planet these people are on. Now they are going to have hundreds of cars in that area all trying to outdo each other in order to attract the attention of the police.

"Don't stop him officer, he was only doing 120mph in a 30 zone down the pavement, stop me, I was doing the same but I was on my phone at the same time and steering with my knees!"

How stupid are these people who are supposed to be sorting problems like this out??!!

Don't stop him officer, he was only doing 120mph in a 30 zone down the pavement, stop me, I was doing the same but I was on my phone at the same time and steering with my knees!
LMAO!!!

If I have to drive like The Stig on the roads to get free track time I'll do it!
Whatever next!

That is such a stupid idea. Will get more people speeding to get in. Stcik with the good old points and a fine!
Rewarding people for breakuing the law, great idea!

Why not try something like this, surely an measure like this is aimed at reforming such characters, admittedly it does appear to be a reward for breaking the law, but if you are educating people who drive in a particular manner and then giving them somewhere to do it surely then it will improve relations between them and the police.
If you had the chance to rag your car around knockhill, would you then feel the need to burn it around the streets?
It seems that although people don't like the points system, as soon as an authority tries something different it just gets flamed before it geyts a chance to even be put into practise.

I dont think nobody is knocking the idea of letting them go on a track, its the fact more people will probably now break the law to get there track time! Just let young people go for free, without the need to break the law and it'l probably be just as effective

Why not try something like this, surely an measure like this is aimed at reforming such characters, admittedly it does appear to be a reward for breaking the law, but if you are educating people who drive in a particular manner and then giving them somewhere to do it surely then it will improve relations between them and the police.
If you had the chance to rag your car around knockhill, would you then feel the need to burn it around the streets?
It seems that although people don't like the points system, as soon as an authority tries something different it just gets flamed before it geyts a chance to even be put into practise.

i can see your point, but in order to get some track time they must first commit an offence which leads them to behave even worser than before.

i think local tracks should just open up and let people in and cruise in there instead, race under supervision and keep bass away from the locals. get them hooked then ask for membership money, you'll end up seeing them day in day out away from the street! :laugh:

you never know, it could be a cheeky way fopr the police to inspect/impound these people's cars as to go on the track they will have to have, at least, inspections with regards to noise etc. could be a bit like that boat scam from the US....

Back