wiring series + parallel

Alright guys, having a bit of a brain fart

I'm trying to wire some strip lights, the strip lights are already done and wired in series and will run with 12-14v power

I need to combine them all together in parallel

In total there are going to be 6 branches, 3 coming off each side and varying lengths of wire, but I can't remember how I terminate the ends

I've drawn a picture of half, is it the top or the bottom that's the right way to do it? My thinking is that it's the top one

pvyj34T.png

Top.

The bottom is the same but with the 12v shorted out at the other end, not series or parallel.

Just curious, what are the 3 lights on one branch, as they will only see 4v each, or burn out if LEDs.

Top.

The bottom is the same but with the 12v shorted out at the other end, not series or parallel.

Just curious, what are the 3 lights on one branch, as they will only see 4v each, or burn out if LEDs.
thank you

They're the flat surface-type LEDs but with some sort of voltage regulator on there with resistors so that they can manage anything from 11 to 14.5 with the same brightness, trying to beef up the interior lights a little bit - wiring them all to a separate switch

Last edited:
Well the top picture looks good to me and all three lights will see 12 volts as they all have a 12 volt feed from the same source. The bottom one is just a dead short with some lights hanging off of it and will only succeed in blowing the 12volt source fuse, or if not fused, the only source of light will be the burning wires!

Back