wiring problems with amp and sub

Forky

Club Member (Trial)
ok ive finally got round to wiring up my amp and sub in my car, and am pritty sure its all correct. problem is it doesn't work :down:

i have an jbl gto 4000 amp and a jbl gto 1060 sub, my head unit does not have RCA connections so i have a boss high level to low level convector, there is defiantly power to the amp as i have checked the connections with a meter, but the little green light does not come on the amp and nothing happens at all, all speaker and sub wires are correct and the remote wire is correct, but still nothing happens at all. can anyone help as to why this does not work?????

OP
OP
F

Forky

Club Member (Trial)
im not sure, i'll check tomorrow, if it doesn't how would i fix that? would it just be a case of a bad connection of something?

ok just checked it, it only has about 2 volts to the amp, the connections seem fine, how do i get this wire up to 12v???

Antony

Ex. Club Member
look... its much simpler to wait until you can afford a head unit with rca out puts...

go down to halfords, spend £69.99 on the LG 3400 head unit with 2 rca's allready on board..

then it will have the "remote" out too....

Gurpreet

Ex. Club Member
if it doesnt have a remote wire then...
connect remote (from amp) to ACC wire.. ignition
so it triggers it when you turn the key!
+12v

other than that my guess is bad Earth or blown fuse.

Retepetsir

King of Subsonic
If the earth was a problem....

Forky, try connecting the live to the REM input on the amp too. If the amp switches on when the battery is connected then it's your headunit at fault.

OP
OP
F

Forky

Club Member (Trial)
thanks guys for your help, got it working now, i just ended up taking all connections apart and put them back and it worked, must of been a bad earth connection or a wire shorting out, what ever it was it works now and sounds wicked (Y)