Wiring Colors for Tow Bar Rear Light Custer Pls

Morning all.

I read a few threads that say the Haynes manual wiring is incorrect for K11 and so was hoping one of you has the correct colors for each light /bulbs for a simple tow-bar connection.

Although I read the manual is wrong, I cannot see any document, thread or picture that shows the correct ones.

I've read that it's best to use a multi-meter and will give that a go but I'm far from skilled doing that.

If anyone has a link/thread pic or just the colors and what bulb they go to that would be a huge help

Essentially I'm looking for cable colors for:

Left hand flasher
Fog light
Left hand side light
Earth
Right hand flasher
Right hand side light
Brake lights

Would be a great help to get information and indeed advice from anyone who has wired up a tow bar on a K11.

I got the physical fitting instructions off MSC .... it is an Anker tow bar but if I look at their web site I'm not seeing anything showing electrics.

All the best

I have a 1998 1.0 GX 5 door first facelift with the following colours :

Left hand flasher - Green/Black tracer
Fog light - Green/White tracer
Left hand side light - Brown
Earth - Black or use the metal body
Right hand flasher - Green/Light green tracer
Right hand side light - Blue
Brake lights - Red/Green tracer

I recommend using an interface relay between the existing wiring and the tow bar socket - saves blowing fuses and/or cooking switches, however it does mean having to lay a fused +12V supply from the battery to the rear of the car.

OP
OP
I have a 1998 1.0 GX 5 door first facelift with the following colours :

Left hand flasher - Green/Black tracer
Fog light - Green/White tracer
Left hand side light - Brown
Earth - Black or use the metal body
Right hand flasher - Green/Light green tracer
Right hand side light - Blue
Brake lights - Red/Green tracer

I recommend using an interface relay between the existing wiring and the tow bar socket - saves blowing fuses and/or cooking switches, however it does mean having to lay a fused +12V supply from the battery to the rear of the car.

Graeme many thanks for taking the time to help me.

My K11 is an earlier model .... a 1.0 Limelite 3 door 95, pre facelift but hopeful that the colours you have kindly provided match......will be in the garage first thing tomorrow (with more enthusiasm now) to check.

The interface relay you mention, do you have any details please? I don't mind to install extra wiring if it's useful to get the best out of the installation.

Thanks again for your support....spent an age looking on internet for the details....longer than it took to fit the actual tow bar !!! :)

All the best

Hello 3706. I have a tow hitch for sale on the for sale forum, I know you have one, but the picture on there shows the wiring buddy.
Have a look and see if it helps, if not I can take some detailed pictures of it for you - let me know mate.

OP
OP
Hello 3706. I have a tow hitch for sale on the for sale forum, I know you have one, but the picture on there shows the wiring buddy.
Have a look and see if it helps, if not I can take some detailed pictures of it for you - let me know mate.

Hi Davyboy....is very good of you to help and yes would be great to get the pictures please. Yes I already fitted mine mind you had I known how helpful folks on this forum are and have been I'd most certainly have purchased on MSC and indeed will look here first in future.

I cannot actually see where the sale forum is davyboy, still finding my way around here :) .... would it be possible send a link or steer me towards it?

Many thanks for your help

Hi Davyboy....is very good of you to help and yes would be great to get the pictures please. Yes I already fitted mine mind you had I known how helpful folks on this forum are and have been I'd most certainly have purchased on MSC and indeed will look here first in future.

I cannot actually see where the sale forum is davyboy, still finding my way around here :) .... would it be possible send a link or steer me towards it?

Many thanks for your help
Hello again. Go to the top of the page, click on forums, scroll down to for sale - bang - you got it.
I'll take a few pictures tomorrow for you, and post them up buddy.

OP
OP
Hello again. Go to the top of the page, click on forums, scroll down to for sale - bang - you got it.
I'll take a few pictures tomorrow for you, and post them up buddy.

Top bloke Davyboy. I found the ad in the end ... thanks for pointing me the right direction. Can't quite see the wires well enough to make them out reliably .... can see the splice to the car loom but if you could do me a pic with the wires a bit neater so they can be seen that would be great.

Appreciate you taking the time and effort. Always get a bit jittery when it comes to car wiring :)

Here you go buddy.
DSC_0211_zpsplvj0obf.jpg

DSC_0212_zpsbboos5zb.jpg

OP
OP
Davyboy thanks very much for the pics...apologies have been away so slow replying to messages.

Thanks for taking the time to find this for me. Later week I'm going to have a crack at the wiring.

And thanks to Graeme P for help as well....will report back with how it goes to you and then hopefully it helps others in the future.