Wipers, they won't stop!

My mums k12 sve has decided that the windscreen is constantly dirty, the wipers won't stop wiping even when the stalk is set to "off" :(

It did it for a while on Tuesday, then after flicking the stalk from "auto" to "on" back to "off" it stopped.

But now they seem to be constantly going after a few seconds of the ignition being switched on.

She has the keyless system and auto wiper system.

Dad and I think it's either something stuck in/on the sensor, or the relay but I wanna get more opinions before we start pulling bits out of her car lol

Thanks guys ;)

I'd say something stuck on the sensor tbh.

My parents jazz parking sensors we going mental, was a bit of grass stuck behind the sensor and hanging over the front of it :p

We have come across another theory.
Washer pump shorting out...gonna be sticking my arm down the gap under the bonnet to check for moisture leaking out of the pump...would also explain the small puddle that seems to have appeared under it! *facepalm*

We went out to have a look at it, but it's suddenly working fine again o_O
I'm sure we'll have the wheel off and get a proper look at the washer bottle and pump tomorrow anyway ^_^

Forgot to update this :p
dad took off the wheel, arch lining and undid the tubes to the washer bottle to look at the relay.
He dried it out and packed it with petroleum jelly (vaseline) as this was a fix mum had found...somewhere? Then put it back together.
Worked fine for a while but every now and then it started going crazy.

We Ordered a new grommit for the washer bottle to prevent further leaks but it hasn't stopped them as every night I come home from work I can see a puddle in front of mums car <_<

On the plus side though, the wipers have been behaving themselves :p

The windscreen hasn't been polished or anything has it jen? Had an issue with a car and jeep asked us to make sure it hasnt been treated when the car was sold with anything as it can affect the sensor :/ turned out to be the stalk unit itself in the end iirc :)

My dad treats all our cars windscreens with rainex every few months, but it only seemed to developed this fault after the washer bottle sprung a leak ^_^

The K12 I used to own did this - it wasn't the auto wiping (car didn't have it), it was the damaged plastic scuttle cover at the bottom of the screen letting water get onto the wiring for the wiper motor (the wiring plugs in at the top) and shorting it out. Blast of WD40 and it was fine.

Back