wiper strut bar knuckle worn down!!!lol

nissanmicrak12

Ex. Club Member
wipers just went bang last night:( so i missed my chance to drive in the snow!grr anyway i rang nissan they said it would cost a hundred and 4 quid for a new set up :suspect: !so i went to my local garage and he said he could repair it by grinding down the plastic and welding on a washer!!!!lol boosh! what an amazing garage only for 25 quid!lol what a saving just in case anyone else has this problem that's all you need to do . you don't need a full set up just get your local garage to do that!lol :D merry Christmas everyone and have a happy new year :D(Y) :laugh:*geek*

I have a problem with my wipers as well. When I dismantled eveything in front of the windshield I found that I should replace the whole wiper setup, like nissanmicrak12 said. I thought that it would be really expensive, so assembled the wiper strut bar with a lot of grease. It has not unhooked since then, but I plan on drilling a hole in the metal bud and through the plastic knuckle and screwing a screw with two nuts (to keep it a little loose).
I will try to take pictures of everything.

Back