Wing Mirror

I took my car in for its 1st service at the beginning of January and also asked them to look at my drivers wing mirror as its not going up and down, only left to right.

Apparently the motor is broken so they sent the issue off to warranty.

Yesterday I received a call from the garage to say warranty have decline the fault.

I then rang Nissan customer service who told me they were awaiting more details from the garage and had not decline the fault with wing mirror and it should fall under warranty.

I then rang the garage again this time speaking to the service manager who said wing mirrors are not covered under warranty because they get knocked all the time in supermarket. He said it would cost £160 for a new one as they don't supply the components only the casing and glass. I mentioned that the fault had not been declined by Nissan and he said it had. I Also mentioned that all non warranty issues are listed in the users manual and wing mirror are not included and also they are electrical.

So I then filed a dispute with Nissan. I called them today (having not receiving a call back) and they are saying a different story, that they will pay 75% of the cost out of good will and wing mirrors are not covered under warranty.

I stated to the adviser that if its electrical and its not listed its is miss leading to your customers.

As you can imagine I'm fuming

Just wondering if anyone has had any problem with there electric wings mirrors and were they fixed under warranty???

Ta

nissanmicrak12

Ex. Club Member
reg vardy?its considered to be a renault part but if it happens to be a electric problem its down to nissan to sort it out, i would do what i have done several times take it in get it fixed and take the keys say the check is in the post customer service wont help you unless you dig your heels in the ground ring nissan assist its like customer care but its the head one they will (should)send out a rac blokey to fix it for free the number is 0800246820 not many people know this number but they are very nice on the phone tell them that you need to see out your mirror because you drive on the motorway a lot that should work :O) hope that helps , let us all know :)

I took my car in for its 1st service at the beginning of January and also asked them to look at my drivers wing mirror as its not going up and down, only left to right.

Apparently the motor is broken so they sent the issue off to warranty.

Yesterday I received a call from the garage to say warranty have decline the fault.

I then rang Nissan customer service who told me they were awaiting more details from the garage and had not decline the fault with wing mirror and it should fall under warranty.

I then rang the garage again this time speaking to the service manager who said wing mirrors are not covered under warranty because they get knocked all the time in supermarket. He said it would cost £160 for a new one as they don't supply the components only the casing and glass. I mentioned that the fault had not been declined by Nissan and he said it had. I Also mentioned that all non warranty issues are listed in the users manual and wing mirror are not included and also they are electrical.

So I then filed a dispute with Nissan. I called them today (having not receiving a call back) and they are saying a different story, that they will pay 75% of the cost out of good will and wing mirrors are not covered under warranty.

I stated to the adviser that if its electrical and its not listed its is miss leading to your customers.

As you can imagine I'm fuming

Just wondering if anyone has had any problem with there electric wings mirrors and were they fixed under warranty???

Ta
wing mirrors are covered as its not an interior part , go to a different nissan dealer ,any nissan dealer can fix it if its under warranty it dosent have to be the one you bought it from, also tell him hes speaking tosh and ask to speak to his senior, on the other hand if its been hit in any way the cost is down to you,get nissan to send you an email stating that it has not been declined and shove it up his you know where lol (exhaust pipe? lol)

OP
OP
B
wing mirrors are covered as its not an interior part , go to a different nissan dealer ,any nissan dealer can fix it if its under warranty it dosent have to be the one you bought it from, also tell him hes speaking tosh and ask to speak to his senior, on the other hand if its been hit in any way the cost is down to you,get nissan to send you an email stating that it has not been declined and shove it up his you know where lol (exhaust pipe? lol)

This is exactly what I told them, anyway I found another problem, so that was the last straw I took it to another Nissan garage who had a warranty office on site, he said my wing mirror is a manufactures fault it hasn't been hit in anyway and it down to the electrics so they've ordered a new one and will fix it next week, as for other problem I'm working on that one now but they said they will look at them both.

Got a call from the other garage to say they had the part in, I have no idea why, I didn't authorize it!!

I was on the phone for 1hr waiting to speak to a manager in the claims department last week, I'm disgusted at ther customer service, prior to this call I'd called 4 plenty of times before asking them to get the manger to call me not once did they call me back, shows how they treat there customers.

OP
OP
B
Well just thought I'd let you know the out come, both the wing mirror and paint work were done today under warranty. I'll wait until I wash my car to see if they truly solved the gloss issue.

If someone ends up with a similar problem, stick to your guns :)