windscreen wiper not working on one side ???

the drivers side wiper blade has stopped turning, ive lifted up the bottom and removed the plastic trim, it has worked loose from the arm in the middle, the gromet wore away i think

the question is, is replacement easy ? can i improvise by packing the hole with some silicone for a short term measure ?? how much am i looking at for a replacement

aslo is removal of another from a breakers yard easy, what tools will i need ?

any tips appreciated :)

hey mate, i'm guessing that the rod has popped off? it runs from the wiper spindle to the middle part then another one from from the passenger spindle to the motor. as the motor turns it pushes these arms which then push the spindles. the arms are quite a tight fit so try using a squeezing technique to push it back on. is it the middle part or at the spindle?

its roughly in the middle of the car like a socket and its popped out, ive put it back in but its not secure. could i squeeze it with pliers ?

you really need to pull them on. if its what i'm thinking its a ball and cup fitting. the cup is on the end of the rod. iirc to get them off you push them away and to get them on you pull towards you. should hear it pop in. if it dont then i'm guessing the cup has worn as its only plastic.

if the ball joint isnt a tight fit it will pop off casuing the wiper not too move, this happened on mine what i did was put some plastic over the cup and push the ball joint in therefore causing a tight fit. I also fitted an eleastic band around the wiper arm so it pulls up on the ball joint keeping it in place.

hope this helps!

try what elliot said mate, just been looking on ebay and found a pic of the passenger side. if the drivers side is similar then you wont need tools to get one off at the scrappers. just the tools to take the plastic trim and wipers off with. dont forget to seal up the clips when your done mate. 2 birds 1 stone. i had the 1.0 lx off the other week and forgot to do it :blush:

Back