windows

C

cazxx

i know this probly sounds like a stupid question, lol, but....

all my windows get all condensation on them and i end up not bein able to even see out my side window, i drive with the blower on front and my side windows open so i can see, is it normal? lol!

yes it is normal in this weather. Get a de-mister pad, and put the blower on the window setting, should clear up with about 5-10mins

yeah make sure it isnt on recirculation, use kitchen roll to dry your windows n get rid of the mosture

lol always a pain in the arse though this steaming up! :(

ive found just to have the front windscreen heater on about 3/4 hot and have it bringing the air in the car from outside instead of reusing the air in the car. Clear as day then... (even at night lol)

maybe you've got a water leak inside the car! this will cause very bad condensation on the inside of the glass. check all carpet is dry.

I'd close the windows.

you need either the cold surfaces to be hotter than the air or heat the air so that it evaoprates....

(Don't listen to me i failed at physics (and English lol))

but keep the windows closed so the car heats up quicker.

NeX said:
but keep the windows closed so the car heats up quicker.

I think its best to keep the windows closed too. A bit confusing tho, when you breathe (which is hot) on glass, it steams up... yet you clear the windows with hot air!!

Makes no sense to me, but i spent most of my science classes throwing paper planes & talking about football ;)

I used to use MistX on the windscreen and side windows in my Fiesta Zetec-S which used to have the same problem. It's made by the same people as RainX and you can get it from Halfrauds for about £6 - just apply it to the windows and buff up and Bob's your Uncle - Fanny's your Aunt! :)

Arnold said:
I think its best to keep the windows closed too. A bit confusing tho, when you breathe (which is hot) on glass, it steams up... yet you clear the windows with hot air!!

Makes no sense to me, but i spent most of my science classes throwing paper planes & talking about football ;)

it's because your breath has little dropplets of water in it which condensate where as the car's air is dry...

Back