Windows media help!

Glenn

Ex. Club Member
Hey just got my computer back from my ex after she had deleted everything, my computer doesnt have a sound device, where can i download one? thanks for any help in advance

Glenn.

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Does it play any sound at all? as it sounds like your device driver is missing.

Dragonmaster_uk

K12 NUTTER
i`d definately say that was a driver missing it happpens if you reboot a computer an then don`t use the audio straight away make sure speakers are plugged in an then run windows update should sort it

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
i it happpens if you reboot a computer an then don`t use the audio straight away

na, that's incorrect! It just sounds like something has been removed from the computer such as software assocated with the device or hardware driver itself and it no longer works. Having the speakers plugged in etc will make no difference, as long as the sound card is physically connected to the motherboard, then that's all that matters.

Your resolution is to find out what sound card you have in your machine. if its built onto the mother board, do a search on the board's model number on the manufacturers website to get the relevant software. if its a plug in card, do the same, get the model number from the card and do a search for the drivers.

Windows update probably won't find the device driver, if the device is unrecognised by Windows.

Dragonmaster_uk

K12 NUTTER
ok if windows update doesn`t work then there is a chance windows will stil recognise the device it will be in device manager thats in system properties and will probably tell you what the audio device is without taking the back off the computer to find out the motherboard if it can`t find a driver itself and i was not meaninng that the computer has been rebooted its jst with everything being deleted the easiest way is to do a quick reboot an driver troubles do appear afterwards

Burfy

Ex. Club Member
No offense, but stop talking :p It's 2 screws for your case (well, the modern cases) and it takes about 2 seconds to find the model # on your board or card... Google "*mainboard # here* sound driver download" and you'll be good to go... You can leave your computer running while you search for model #s so you can have google up and waiting :grinning:

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
You can leave your computer running while you search for model #s so you can have google up and waiting :grinning:

Although its always recommended to switch the machine off before tinkering with the insides. Its very easy to cause disruption and cause any machine to crash!

Burfy

Ex. Club Member
Well, don't go stickin' your hands in there when it's alive :laugh: Unless you have laserbeams for eyes, there's not harm in running the computer with the case off when you're reading serial #s :grinning:

OP
OP
G

Glenn

Ex. Club Member
Thanks for everyones, help i dont have access to the internet all the time but hopefully i can download it soon.