• Please only use these forums for blogs, they are not a discussion forum

wills white(bullet) 1.3 facelift k11 blog :D

WillyMicra

Ex. Club Member
i join this forum a while back and has been viewing everyone's progress and work, and been really lazy about posting my own blog.
but here it is after a while .

the current mods, just some easy and simple ones like:
bumpers colour coordinating
cd player
alloy wheels
engine induction

there are a few problem areas on this car
like the horiffic paint chips on the bonnet, smallish scrape on the passenger door, crack in the bumper and the dents above the windscreen.
but all in all shes a great lil drive (Y)

Here is the garbage
vy5jqg.jpg

Heres the work on the bumpers
Great masking paper :p (Y)
xp995e.jpg

3539z4h.jpg

and the front
6rlg10.jpg

i was planning on doing more work, but as shes gone through the family she clock up the miles, i was planning on getting another micra hopefully one that hasn't done 132,000 mile lol

yeah liking the removal of the black strips , i need to get round to doin that but with the amount of scrapes ect to my bumpers i;ll probably just get em fully resprayed

yeah liking the removal of the black strips , i need to get round to doin that but with the amount of scrapes ect to my bumpers i;ll probably just get em fully resprayed

i just sanded mine down with all this different stages of paper , that worked well with the scratches too and helped the primer etch down too

Nice work, are you gonna do any more to this one or just get a lower mileage one before doing anything?

well im really tempted to do stuff but i dont know if it will be worth it, i mean i service it every 5000-6000 miles : /

a straight swap. i have had a few nice wheel offers though (Y)

youl have to let me know, thats the next thing that has gotta be done. its running on all odd tread atm :( and the back tyres are too tall

its been a while not much happened, iv just spent a little time planning a new cold are feed straight from the air box.
i brought some really good high grade plastic piping to withstand the high temperatures. and give it a nice smooth route down behind the grill.

25re0j8.jpg

and put a tumpet on the end, for added coolness (Y)
9ubxfr.jpg

dirty engine bay grr, and heres just some more shots
20ibfgj.jpg

2i88vo2.jpg

jpwtut.jpg

a little update, the alloy wheels are off and the steelies are back on.

iv been messing about today, and decided to do something with my 1.3i badges.
this is what i came up with.
i took them off the car and sanded them down with p1200 paper, next give them a lick of mat black(spray) paint.
this was because the original plastic had faded in the years of sun.
then used a tin of white hammerite(smooth)
the fill the raised insides of the badge
211j4ab.jpg

(the one im holding is the original and the other is the prepared badge/ready for paint)

33li9th.jpg

(these were the re-sprayed ones)

2h6ecgk.jpg

(and theses are the finished product)
the paint job on the first one i did was noticeable, then i got the hang of it but the second,

im planning on painting the i in red when i get the paint :laugh:

Back