Will not start

My car will not start. Did go but was left out side with lights or something on flattened battery. Put new battery on but still nothing,thought it had lost code so have had key recoded. Turns over OK but nothing happens my just fire sometimes as though it wants to go,but no luck have looked at the plugs while turning over and noticed an occasional spark. Have replaced all sensors when scaned shoes no faults. Garage said timing chain needs replacing but it was running. Would this cause the engine to stop just like that ?

huttojb

Club Member
EPS System Guru
If it’s firing sometimes and not starting I don’t think it’s NATs related. Normally NATs related is turn key and click!!!

I have had the key code reset. The garage said it is the timing chain,but it was running no problem until the flat battery. So I do not think that it is that. It turns over OK but tries to fire every now and again for about 1/2 second. Sound as though the imobaliser is on all the time. Is there a wy of checking this

Nothing ha been touched. It was my grand daughters car,I was trying to get it to go for my grandson to use. It did run as I say untill the battery went down now has a new battery

Pull the air box off give it a few Very light sniffs of easy start or linx deodorant see if it fires up & stays running. I’ve heard that they can loose key signal but you say it’s been redone . most have just left key in ignition turned on with door closed for a hour for them to re sync to car Just make sure windows down . You had tester on coil pack plug to see if got spark . What’s the imo light doing when cranking over.

Pull the air box off give it a few Very light sniffs of easy start or linx deodorant see if it fires up & stays running. I’ve heard that they can loose key signal but you say it’s been redone . most have just left key in ignition turned on with door closed for a hour for them to re sync to car Just make sure windows down . You had tester on coil pack plug to see if got spark . What’s the imo light doing when cranking over.
I have not got the car back from the Nissan dealer yet. They said timing chain but it did start and run unti battery went dead Has a new battery now.