Wierd ECU style box under drivers seat

Charlotte001

Ex. Club Member
Under my drivers seat, bolted to the floor, I've found a small ECU style box with a plug connector on it. Anyone suggest what this is ? My K10 is carb so not EFi, Lights,Fuel pump, Indicators,heater, radiator, horn, interior lights all working as is the engine and gearbox all perfectly as is the radio

If anything with this box unplugged the car seems more responsive. Car does not have A/C nore climate control. I have no idea what it's for if anyone does please let me know.

It's around 2inch by 3 inch by 1/2 inch silver with a multi wire plug connector

Charlotte

its there for the simple reason of keepin the revs at a constant speed when lights and blowers as such are put on. if you disconnect it and let it idle then switch the lights on you will see what it does.

the carb has electronic solinoids in it i think

They're all under the passenger seat. I think the subject is incorrect

Also, please do a search for things like this. I've asked this question myself so the answer is definitly on here

Its definitly what Paul etc have said above. There's no slit in the carpet under the drivers seat for any wiring or device to go through, and there's no holes in the framework for any screws etc for things to go into either.

The super s has a much larger control unit, and has a black plastic cover, but basically does the same job as the normal one, which is half the size, found in any other model of micra.

That's the box. It doesn't have an effect on the revving of the car although when I turn the electrics on the idle drops not increases so I guess it's defunct. Any idea how much a replacement is? I'm guessing expensive and from Nissan

Charlotte

There is nothing wrong with it. Its the carb thats at fault if there RPM does not rise under load.

If you can get somone to help...you can check that the box is ok by putting a multimeter set to voltage onto the connections on the carb solenoid....then run the car ans swithc of f all electrical loads....then put headlights on and you should see a clean and definate voltage change

Charlotte, there is a solenoid on the bottom of the carb its _VERY_ common that they stick.

Back