Why do people underestimate micras

Why do people under estimate micras? it really does my head in some one said to me last night people are stupid who kit micras up :laugh: i personally think there the best and most reliable cars around but does really get on my nerves when people dont know what there on about if you dont own a micra then why judge it lol but i tink there way better then corsa's and clio's but people think there the best cars around not been funny or anything no offence to anyone (Y)

I dont think you will offend anyone on here by saying that:)
Its just fashion, fashion very rarely makes sense but what can you do?
the only advantage as i see it to owning a corsa/cleo/nova/etc is the considerably cheaper tuning parts available.

yh i agree you can get all the parts 4 them cars but 4 our micras there real hard and if you do come across the parts there so expensive aswell man but we need 2 knock some sense in 2 these peoples head and show dem some real micra power lol (Y)

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
only a few years ago jap cars wernt even looked on as classic----as i was trying to explain a frend "pre 72 celica tax exempt solid classic" he said "jap never will be classic cause not built in europe or america"................then i knew he was brain dead as many many more ignorant types
also the parts bit is true, cost------and the power traped inside,you have to unleash

NeX

You're after my robot bee
Club Member
because people in general are shockingly stupid. its must purely be the huge number of people on this planet that means our race continues because i am pretty sure most people are too stupid to remember how to breath

tru tru ive seen some amazing micras on this site some guy in a corsa pulled up revving da #### out of his engine tryin 2 race lol is der really a point in da his jus burning his fuel and da worst ting is i get m3's evos and mercedes tryin 2 race me or drive up my ass but cum on do i stand a chance racing big cars like da these people with big cars love racing small cars lol (Y)

ive shocked a few people in my 94 m super s they really dont think it can take of so fast for a little car always puts a smile on my face:grinning:

From what i understand the 1.3 is where it really is, the 1.0 aint really a racer, it pulls quite nicely but its just a fun car, i'd still take a micra over this new trash though :)

pjg1979

THIS IS MY BOOMSTICK!
I know the feeling I sometimes get asked that, then say why don't I do a Subaru or something, well I just say Micra is cheaper, can kick a scoobies ass if tuned properly (youtube) lol, and I don't get paid a lot.

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
every day even though nothing is posted on my blog i am rinsing most local cars-YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE
and they jelous and can only blow horn/flash lights behind me,and what happens when we pull along side -nothing
apart from geting blown again
R-REG-SR representing for the k11 on a daily bases

gtsnissanb

Official MSC Trader
every day even though nothing is posted on my blog i am rinsing most local cars-YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE
and they jelous and can only blow horn/flash lights behind me,and what happens when we pull along side -nothing
apart from geting blown again
R-REG-SR representing for the k11 on a daily bases

lol
still i do have an s14 if i want real power or just to go sideways, one day my micra will smoke my s14 and my gay impreza (just so you know i hate scoobies but i was offered it for 100 quid with a blown engine, no matter how much i hate it cant say no to that)
when that day comes i have the rb26dett almost ready for the s14 currently speced to 600bhp dont know what it should achieve till its dynoedgrr

MicraFish

Rollin' with Diesel and V8 Power
Guys can we have a bit less of the text speak in this thread - it makes it quite hard to follow! :)

Micras are very good cars, but unfortunately society and fashion and the demographic that happen to usually buy them has dictated the Micra to be given a bad name - There's been countless times I've been held up by an Octogenarian in a Micra, but it happens. Grannies and Grandpas get Micras cos they're reliable, cheap, easy to run.
After I've got rid of the MX5 and had the Civic for a while, I'll be back in the market for a Micra (although it has to be an excellent Super S/SR to tempt me back), but this is as I cannot afford to run my 1.8, and therefore can't yet afford to try the many other cars I want :(

Let people keep underestimating them, and continue to prove them wrong - I've embarassed several more superior cars in a 1 litre, so it can be done!
Don't stop beeeeeliiiieeeving!

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
he he wasnt it just!
another reason people underestimate micra is so they can point their ####ing fingers and say "theirs the bad guy" well say good night to the bad guy last time you gonna see a bad guy like this(k11)

pollyp

Club Member
only thing da does my head in is i dont know where to get the tuning parts

first check the buy&sell to see if anyones selling what ur looking for. then do a google search on the forum to find where ppl get their tuning bits. then try asking what ur after and someone'll have the answer.

my main sources are rallynuts, matt humphris, demon tweaks and ebay

gtsnissanb

Official MSC Trader
i dont know where to get the tuning parts.
where you from mate
they are awkward but there are a few on here whove been at it for years so know where to get parts, and what parts are interchangable
turbo kit you say, im about to do the same thing to mine very soon:grinning: once i decide whether to buy a new engine to rebuild, keep this one its not that bad nick to turbo, or go for a 1400cc/1600cc turbo almera motor

Dave_Ally

Ex. Club Member
God knows but managed to incense an MG ZR owner at the lights the other week. Didn't even know we were racing from the lights I just set off a bit quick so I didn't get stuck at the next ones and suddenly have full beams flashing in my rear view like his pride was hurt. Sad really.

Seb_

Give me some frogs.
Site Supporter
It ended up in really interesting topic. Very smart messages.

As few people already told it, we have to let "normal" (idiot?) people live for buying hype/fashion new expensive unreliable big diesel stuff. That's how they are happy.

Most of registered people here (and in a lot of other foreign countries which have K11 clubs: Japan, Poland, Italy, Spain) have understood all of this, and keep on loving their simple, efficient, reliable and practical tiny bubble looking 16VALVE monster.
Even discussing with "simple" people owning a Micra (so they are not "normal" :p but are not registered in a club so they are just "simple" :p ) will told it to you, they like this car.
Plus it's definitely feels cool driving a car you will not see at each corners of the street (at lealst here in France since there is only clito/saxos)
Having everybody's car is the lamest thing on earth, though commercial spots manage to believe people it's a cool thing, imagine if we have all the same voice or the same face, so boring.

There is still no better car in this category and we know it, we are not fashion/commercial sheeps, so we keep this enjoying and satisfying car.

It's not a coincidence that you read this message, be proud being a part of the compact 16V elite. (Y)

PS: I hope you will manage to organize a national UK meeting one day.

Cheers

Seb

Eliot

Ex Super S Owner
Ive suprised a few people at Santa Pod, including a BMW, vauxhall vectra 1.9 and a seat Ibiza. What I love most about driving a micra is the fact im the only person in my area to have a modded micra. Im becoming well known at college for having a 'pimped out micra'

What I love most about driving a micra is the fact im the only person in my area to have a modded micra.

That was exactly same with me mate. wednesday nights near me was what we all call 't park boy racer night' and i work in teesside park. the amount of boy racers that would come into my restaurant see that my badge said big ben and then instantly recognise me as the guy owning the micra outside(with big ben stickers all over it). i got laughed at alot but also alot of lads thought it was pretty cool. illl never forget the night when a lad offered me 750 for it there n then(only paid 200). couldnt let it go tho loved my little micra:grinning:

imp124

Buy & Sell Member
its because a lot of older people drive micras, (in my opinion Nissans in general) as they 99% of the time are reliable, need next to no expensive maintenance and are great on petrol, i think its just uncommon for them to be modified so people assume it isnt worth the bother which is obviously untrue otherwise we wouldn't be reading this would we? ;)

I'm not gonna lie when I mother bought our first car and told me it was a blue micra I wasn't a happy chappy to be 100%. Only because I thought it was going to be a crappy engine. I only have the 1ltr but I was shockingly suprised once I got the hang of driving it (was my first car). Plus I was VERY happy with the colour (as you can see in my blog) I love my micra and I don't plan on getting another car for a long time. Infact I plan on getting a micra with less miles and a bigger engine, preferably face lift :)

Well what i say is; i'm yet to sit in another 1996 car with ABS, a twincam, electric windows, central locking, and perfect power steering!

Everybody that laughed at me changed their mind once i'd took them out in it! My friend who owns an Audi S3 said he felt relativelypushed back in his seat when i took him out in it!! :p

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
It depends on who one is talking about. The chavs of the world will never be won over, nor would I even try.......they're brain washed fools whos only concern is being accepted by the world and having their egos fed with the belief that they are better then others.

If you attend one of the more chavvy days at POD you'll get nothing but laughs but if you turn up to one of the test days, where the 'real' petrol heads go with some mighty machines the reception is quite different. When I took the SuperS I was expecting the usual ridicule but everyone wanted a look under the bonnet at the jenvey goodness and it generated a lot of interest, especially running in the 15's ahead of some bigger cars. The usual response was, 'bl**dy hell that's a bit quick for a Micra, what's in there then? 2.0l?', when the response back was no, just a 1275, the eyes widened and the dialogue began ;)

Personally I enjoy the fact that the K11 is underestimated and disliked by the mainstream crowds. It means that we remain a small & unique group and as a result don't have to worry about the unwanted attention that other cars & owners can bring to the scene of modded cars.

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Personally I enjoy the fact that the K11 is underestimated and disliked by the mainstream crowds. It means that we remain a small & unique group and as a result don't have to worry about the unwanted attention that other cars & owners can bring to the scene of modded cars.

Same here. I also find it quite amusing when people see the ST and just laugh at the bonnet vent etc etc, just not understanding what Micras are capable of. Ok that's a rare exception, but people shouldn't be too quick to judge. My K10 wasn't the fastest thing in the world (top end) but it's the best handling car i've owned and only took a few simple upgrades to achieve that. It could also hit 55 in second gear, my Corsa cannot do anything near that. Also the fact there's no ABS, power steering or general comfort/luxury, puts you back in touch with real driving. You can feel everything the car is doing through your hands -PAS takes that away from you! If you've never experienced that then you don't know what your missing, even if it's in another car without all the luxuries.

A reminder to all, street racing is not tolerated on the MSC, and please stop using 'txt speak' as it's bloody annoying

Same here. I also find it quite amusing when people see the ST and just laugh at the bonnet vent etc etc, just not understanding what Micras are capable of. Ok that's a rare exception, but people shouldn't be too quick to judge. My K10 wasn't the fastest thing in the world (top end) but it's the best handling car i've owned and only took a few simple upgrades to achieve that. It could also hit 55 in second gear, my Corsa cannot do anything near that. Also the fact there's no ABS, power steering or general comfort/luxury, puts you back in touch with real driving. You can feel everything the car is doing through your hands -PAS takes that away from you! If you've never experienced that then you don't know what your missing, even if it's in another car without all the luxuries.

A reminder to all, street racing is not tolerated on the MSC, and please stop using 'txt speak' as it's bloody annoying

Yep have to agree with you here, my micra is probably very early face lift but i still thrive off the fact that it has none of the modern technologys, all its got is 1 airbag lol, no pas, no electronic windows or AC or anything, its vintage in its own right!

Not only that, but the 1.0l is sure beaut to throw around, i'm dreaming to own a 1.3 one day, but until then my little red 'Wheels' is my pride and joy :)

micranismo said:
Why do people underestimate micras

Because those who do are your archetypal arm-chair/pub talk type "petrolheads". They make thier own conclusions about certain motors based on no actual experience and tend to think in the way other lazy arm-chair types think.

I, myself dont often get the old "Micras are crap" comments (I've got a Rover for that, again, from people who have never actually experienced them) the way I get treated on the road reflects peoples opinions the most. Cars pulling out on front of me, cutting me up, tailgaters, cars pushing in front of me in a queue etc.... All in a normal day of a Micra driver. I dont often get this with the Rover, but then again it is a big, fast old car.

I couldnt give 2 hoots what people think of me and what I drive, I drive what I choose to drive because I can make my own mind up, cheers.

Eliot

Ex Super S Owner
I had a good drive home form work today, modded pegeout 106 drove along side me today down the duel carridgeway gave it a quick blast together edged ahead of them, they were well impressed! when we went out seprate ways they gave me a friendly hazard light flash and a thumbs up.(Y)

No street racing occoured during the 'quick blast' we stayed within the open speed limit.

Its times like that when I love driving a Micra.

i had a big problem with people under estimating my micra until i had a quick drag of the traffic light with a mate in his c2 vts to 60 now i dnt get any bother of them now

r-reg-sr

-------
Site Supporter
i had a big problem underestimating the k11 in the 90's-----until someone got it as a hire car and i was very impressed how it was shifting past other cars going up hill,the question might now be why do i overestimate the k11