Whoop! got the job!

quickdraw

Ex. Club Member
Well, its time for me to grow up unfortunatly..

got the job which will start my life by the looks of things!

Just means moving 250 miles away from everything that is me! and the micra :p

Never thought that the daft Wayne would end up being a London/Oxford, suit wearing Broker/account manager..

But... decisions needed to be made, start to look at the future, and actually start to use the head. lol

Best thing though! It means when i do go home to teesside, i will have the passion for the micra again, and it will be up and ready for show season next year, and since the money will be there also, i will be able to do the thinjgs i have wanted to alot quicker!

Which has been the only reason it hasnt been on the road any sooner, i could have simply just put the engine in and then put it on the road, but i never wanted this, i wanted the complete engine! cos i know what im like and i would have put it on the road and then just got stuck in the rutt and not advanced it more to the level i wanted it!

But

the turbo is here now!
the clutch and flywheel are on there way
fingers crossed the pulleys will be here soon
the digital dash is currently on group buy awaiting delivery in january
and the uni chip is currently also being arranged (Ed i wanna have a word about something regarding this too!)

First time in a long time i have actually seen a future, and not to diss any guys on here from the north east, but the area itself just doesn't have the prospects and is soo dissheartening.

Soo happy at the moment - and the Gti is on the road too. lol

all's good!

i actually have 4 of my new years 10 commandments already too!

Whoop~!

Wayne

OP
OP
Q

quickdraw

Ex. Club Member
Congrats, top news!!

More money = less time to wait for an Ami tattoo (kind of) ;)

well not kinda since its a 5 year wait hahahha

saying that though, they do have offices in USA, you reckon i can get a business trip going??

lol

hehe

cheers all

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Well done fella. Where abouts in Oxford you going to be? I used to be up there every other weekend with Ems, but as she's moved, we're rarely up that way now.

Antony

Ex. Club Member
well done you...

just a few questions...

how old are you?
what qualifications do you have
and how the hell did you get a job like that?...

cos i need to find me another job, halfords is killing me. its draining my intelligence away...

Hugh

Congrats mate. Sorry not been in touch to tell you direct.

Don't count the North East out, you never know whats going to pop up. I thought I was going to have to leave for my side of things but it has surprised me.

Any way all the best and let me know if you're back up at some point, never know I might be working in Stockton soon.

OP
OP
Q

quickdraw

Ex. Club Member
well done you...

just a few questions...

how old are you?
what qualifications do you have
and how the hell did you get a job like that?...

cos i need to find me another job, halfords is killing me. its draining my intelligence away...

im 24 mate!
have all sorts of qualifications really since i havent stuck to one job for more than a year yet i dont think. lol

i got the job purely because the fact of the multiple jobs i have had.

i have NVQ 2,3,4 in IT install and support, along with CLAIT and IBT II, III.

I have CLass 2 driving licence, fork lift licence.

Im fire saftey officer.lol

Think that is my official Qualifications to date.

But then on the job front upto now, i have been team mangers in- customer services, customer retentions, Technical help,
Accounts management for BGB,
Mechanic for Reg Vardy
Training Officer
Along with site labourer for Aggricultural companies

Basically my job that i have just got entails !

Being account manager/brokering deals for other business'
that deal with installation of swimming pools, and everything to do with swimming pools, heating, pumps, pool walls, non slip flooring, lighting the lot.

So my job is to basically sort out brokerin the deal, Basically they come to me with what the customer wants out of a swimming pool being the labourers, i go to the sellers of everything, being a middle man to the buyer and the seller, and then managing that account untill complation of the installation, dealing with technical queries, on-site issues (thus the company car/or pay my car insurance (but that wont be happening till the new year when i know the job more).

If you think of any business out there, say gas company, there is companies that will say "yes, we are not the cheapest, but we will offer you the best customer service"
then there is others that will just outsell and be the dirt cheapest on price, but have a shocking customer service.

My job is to basically say well screw that, i will get you THE best price, and cos' you only have to deal with ME, then im gonna offer you the best customer service aswell, giving the business best of both worlds, leaving me to deal witht he customer service off the seller, but being from a broker, it is alot easier to communicate, cos you dont speak to call centres. :)

I just cant wait to get into it to be fair,
there is 2 brokers that work with the company - be it they are like 40 year old or there abouts, but on comission basis they made about 120k last year (they do know the job though, lol. and their basic is 59k.)

I know i will be nowere near that, but, it gives that inspiration of what could be, they do like 13/14 deals a month, im only expected to do 2. lol

Each Account manager deals with 1500 sites each..

The company i work for then get a 50% of all savings that the business that came to us would save.
so say that the deal they got from a seller was 40k but from us they got it for 20k they save 20k ,that means on a 50% savers deal, i just earned the company 10k in 1 deal, me working on a 5% commision per deal. i just earned myself £500 commision for that 1 deal,. 2 deals a month like that, £1000 commision that month. So a basic of say after tax £1800 plus commision on top roughly £2500 a month (hopefully) after tax. id be happy at that as a start off wage, knowing that it is only me that will determine my earnings a month, then there is the 4 stages within my job role (level 4 being what the 2 older guys are on and they been with the company 10+ years) ..

So really it was a matter of my experiance in job roles that got me the job rather, than any qualifications.

It was my managerial backround and the fact of my manual dexterity work through IT and Mechanics, that made me suitable for what they were after.

MEH

LONG post i know

sorry :p

Pete

Site Supporter
Sounds like you do what I do for buildings and with commission where I don't get it lol. I think I preferred your old job as a drivers mate :p

OP
OP
Q

quickdraw

Ex. Club Member
Sounds like you do what I do for buildings and with commission where I don't get it lol. I think I preferred your old job as a drivers mate :p

I ABSOLUTLY LOVED being a drivers mate..

THat is the best job i have ever had i think!

Sit there and get paid £7.50 an hour to let someone drive you about all night, then 3 times a night stop for half an hour to unload a lorry with 4 crates per stop!

MINT!

Apart from i got REALLY fat, cos all i ever did was eat, and sleep. lol. then get home about 7am. go to sleep till about 11 and then get up and work on the cars. was fantastic.

lot less work this way though! in hours wise!

means i get more time to do my hobby af drinking alcohol, copious amounts of

Antony

Ex. Club Member
ive gotta get a new job, i need the experience. al i have is my GCSE's, As levels, (dont mean squat) level 1 and 2 motorvehicle engineering and 5 years of retail management.

and i suck big time at pushing myself...lol GRRRRRRRRR