who makes/where can i get a stainless exhaust manifold

hissyfizzy

Ex. Club Member
I see some of you have really nice looking stainless exhaust manifolds, or at least talk about them, where can I get one ? The cast one i have is in a poor shape, ie the threads have rusted so badly there's no thread left.

Does anyone have one forsale or can you direct me to someone who can make me one?

i`ve just got a quote for a manifold for £400 from powerflow so £350 for the manifold + is a bargain.

The manifold i have isn't stainless, but it's in excellent condition. Definitly not likely to fall apart any time soon if your worried about that! the pipe back is a normal pipe too, it's only the rear section which is stainless, and has a lifetime guarantee with LongLife exhausts (who don't make exhaust manifolds).

The whole system i'm selling has all the necessary pipework & mounts to fit your car! no welding or jiggery pokery required. If you're interested, just reply in the other thread (linked above). Sammo had a fully stainless system made up and believe it was over £600.

I`ve used top gear performance near doncaster on 4 cars in the past they where good quality pipes with a really good exhuast note but they were expensive the price depended on what tail pipe i wanted.

Attachments

• ss.jpg
    ss.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 251
I was in a taxi once, and he said his Renault (think it was 3/4 years old) was still on its first exhaust and was as good as new... despite the car having done over 250 000 miles.

Was amazed, shows how hard short journeys are on exhausts, because in my old Micra we fitted a back box which wore out after 3/4 years, and less than 30 000 miles, simply cause that car was rarely driven more than 10-15 minutes up the road.

Random addition to conversation.

No that is a very good point turtle, as we all know rust is one of the main killers of exhausts which is normally built up on in the inside of the exhaust through condensation or after a short journey when the exhaust isn't hot enough to evaporate the water vapour coming from the engine...........although still fairly random and off topic from both of us. lol

Ah that's ok then as I do extremely long journeys so the exhaust wont get time to build up condensation. got quoted £450 today for a manifold which is out of my league so I will try making one it can't be that hard "Can it?"

if you are going to try to make one then a bike 4-1 welded to a standard exhaust flange would be a good starting point, the 4-1 joint is the most difficult part to fabricate.

Back