White K10 for sale. Bristol

lewic

Ex. Club Member
Bought myself a lovely K11 1.3 today :love: (pics to follow when I can borrow a camera - but its dark metallic grey-purple, L reg, and goes like a rocket!) so I'm selling my K10.

J reg, 1L, 3 door. 102k. Tax til end January, MOT til early August.

The good bits :k12white:

Has been very reliable, starts first time whatever the weather. Previous owner said same.
Bodywork good, hardly any rust (apart from a small bubbly patch on one front wheel arch, and a few stone chips)
Engine very good. Pulls well, is quiet, and uses hardly any oil. No smoke or untoward noises.
New cambelt Sept last year. Tensioners and camshaft end seal were checked and OK.
New clutch and front brake pads April last year
2 almost new Vredestein front tyres (£84) - probably only done around 500 miles. Car handles amazingly round corners since this was done.
New spark plugs, air and fuel filter, carb linkages serviced and some new hoses on carb. Oil/filter changed September.
Antifreeze changed recently.
New Bosch wiper blades.
Fresh pink screenwash
All electrics working.
Interior good for its age.
Stereo - Shark radio cassette 18 months old, 50w Pioneer speakers.
The garage said it was in good condition and unlikely to need much doing for the next MOT.

Bad bits!

Gearbox noisy in first, reverse and neutral. Gears feel a bit 'clonky' especially getting into first, but it still drives ok. Long-term, its going to need replacing/overhauling, but the garage said it could go on like it is for months, so long as it wasnt hammered.
Drivers door hinge has dropped a bit, so the door has to be slammed harder than usual.
Not great on petrol (possibly because it rarely gets into 4th gear the way I drive it around town)
Drivers window seal a bit loose.
Aerial comes apart if you pull it (why do blokes always do that eh?!) and radio has crackled occasionally since then.

Am selling as I wanted something with more oomph for the motorway, and I don't know how to fix gearboxes! I'm going to be advertising it locally for around £300 (what I paid for it in August, have spent £250ish on it since then) but if anyone wants to come and have a look at it first email me cathlewis at blueyonder.co.uk. Would be great to see it pimped!

Attachments

• 038_35.JPG
    038_35.JPG
    1.1 MB · Views: 211
  • 037_34.JPG
    037_34.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 200
  • 036_33.JPG
    036_33.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 201
I could be interested.

It seems to have facelift lights and bonnet, which would be normal for a J reg, but pre-facelift grille, which isn't. What's the story there?

OP
OP
lewic

lewic

Ex. Club Member
Hiya. I forgot about the grille! It came with the car when I bought it, I didnt realise it wasnt original til I joined the forum, previous owner is in Australia (allegedly) so I cant ask him. I assume the original either fell off or it had a minor prang years ago. Cant see any evidence of crash damage or respraying, but I'm no expert (only passed test last July!).

I'm around most of the day today (sunday) or pop round any weekday evening or next sat. Live in Redland.

Thanks for the reply, but I've thought this over and reckon the gear box might be a sticking point. Sorry - hope you find a buyer soon.

OP
OP
lewic

lewic

Ex. Club Member
reckon the gear box might be a sticking point
Understand! I think this might be an expensive first lesson in car maintenance for me... Am cussing as the person who came with me to buy it (who is a mechanic FFS) told me the gearbox was fine when I asked him what the noise was grr

OP
OP
lewic

lewic

Ex. Club Member
UPDATE - Offers!

Tax runs out on my K10 at the end of the month. I have taken out the stereo and swapped the wheels so the tyres are dated August 2004. If anyone wants a solid body K10 with a good engine then I am open to offers (may live to regret this as my new car has turned into a pumpkin, only charging the battery during daylight hours -grrrr!)

Anyone fancy rescuing this one from the charity shop? (as I will do if I'm offered only scrap value...) xx