Which Steering wheel?

I desperately want to change my super s steering wheel for something a little sportier - but I'm not looking to go aftermarket.

So which wheel should I look out for / what ones will fit?

Any pics would be ace too (Y)

i like thee super s ones...there small and chunkey. you could get a primera gt one inc airbag? almera/200sx one with airbag? but there aalot bigger then the super s wheel witch is a shame. as it would be more like down grading.

hmmm.... what about the k10 super wheel? - would that fit?

I've had to fit one of those rubber grip things to mine to stop it slipping out of my hands :p

k10 super s wheel and boss are a straight fit :) i had one...but there still bigger than then k11 super s one....it will be like driving a bus with the k10 one on lol.

k10 super s wheel and boss are a straight fit :) i had one...but there still bigger than then k11 super s one....it will be like driving a bus with the k10 one on lol.

damn.... didn't realise they were bigger - look so sweet aswell :p

I used to have an abarth/momo wheel in my old rally prepped Cinquecento - that was a damn nice wheel, just a wee bit smaller than my super s wheel.
I'm keen to try and avoid non-oem wheels - since my insurers seem to go crazy at the thought of an aftermarket wheel... which is odd, 'cos they're not too bothered about the other mods I've done...

damn.... didn't realise they were bigger - look so sweet aswell :p

I used to have an abarth/momo wheel in my old rally prepped Cinquecento - that was a damn nice wheel, just a wee bit smaller than my super s wheel.
I'm keen to try and avoid non-oem wheels - since my insurers seem to go crazy at the thought of an aftermarket wheel... which is odd, 'cos they're not too bothered about the other mods I've done...

hehe lol i used to have a modified cinq and an abarth sei, looked awsome in black. i still kind of like them :S

hehe lol i used to have a modified cinq and an abarth sei, looked awsome in black. i still kind of like them :S

My last car was a really rare mk2 Abarth Sei in Anthracite... spent thousands on that damn car - I loved it sooooo much - never driven anything at all that handled so well!
Came over to the micra camp for something with a touch more reliability though hehe....

bertiebanner.jpg

22102008455.jpg

well I'm still stuck with this one - all I know is I want:

*OEM nissan steering wheel
*preferably leather
*no bigger than the super s wheel
*obviously it needs to fit straight onto the spline on the micra's column (but I'm guessing that all nissan splines are the same?)
*non-airbag - to save any ######ing about

Anyone got any suggestions here?

Go to a scrappy and find any nissan with one you like the look of, jobs a goodun.

So all nissan splines are the same yeah?

Cinq's FTW! Was yours as pink as mine used to be?

Cinqs rule - I've never driven anything that handled as well as either a Cinq or Sei.
Mine was a beautiful deep shiney red - due to the fact that somehow all 12 of it's previous owners had taken meticulous care with it, and kept in garaged (Y)

I'd love another cinq (but would have to drop the 1368 panda 100hp engine in it methinks) - if it wern't for them being so damn unreliable.
I used to keep a complete toolkit including trolley jack, compressor, leads, and a wide assortment of spares for roadside repair jobs (the usual stuff, coil packs, plugs, leads, clutch cables, cambelts... you name it - I had it all!, and fixed 90% of it stuck at service stations, hard shoulders and laybys!).

Skyline wheel!!
:eek: ....oooh now there's an idea (Y)

That said there's a sunny gti in my local scrappies at the moment, so might pop and have a look tomorrow.
It's a '95 reg I think, so shouldn't have an airbag :grinning:

Back