Which spring is which?

dg_unit

Club Member (Trial)
Right so should be able to get this done later this week (finally) once karlj's generous donation of bump stops arrives. Just some questions... which is the front spring, which is the rear, and does it matter which way up they go (one looks symmetrical but the other has bunched up coils on one end)? Don't want to do the mechanical equivalent of putting my shoes on the wrong feet. Thanks.

attachment.php

BUMP... need some info on this. Gonna do the work this week and still not sure. The ones on there atm look to be no different to each other front and back.

Thanks.

i think your fronts are a bit longer dg, but the diameters are vary similar on the k10,s eh, and i doubt if it makes any difference which way up :)

the front springs are longer and bunch up (get thinner in diameter) at the bottom and the rears are straight ( dont get thinner ) and are shorter,
make sure the fronts are the right way up or it slips over the cup it sits in < iv made that mistake lol

the front springs are longer and bunch up (get thinner in diameter) at the bottom and the rears are straight ( dont get thinner ) and are shorter,
make sure the fronts are the right way up or it slips over the cup it sits in < iv made that mistake lol

This is confusing. Here I have longer springs that don't bunch up (on the right) and shorter ones that do (left). My instinct tells me longer ones (right) at the front or that the idiots have sent me the wrong ones fwn

So best guess is left spring goes rear, right goes front? NatahanHug are you talking about lowering springs?

Just checked the lowering guide in the DIY section and the left spring (shorter) goes on the front and the right spring (longer) goes on the back. Well at least thats the way it's been done on the guide. Good job I didn't trust my instinct on this one :wow:

Back