which K11 should i get 1.0L or 1.3L?

Hi,
I am looking to buy a micra for about a grand. I want a 5 door one with around 60,000-70,000 miles on it. I want good fuel economy so thinking of buying a 1.0 litre :doh:. but will there be any problem with the small engine? and what is the difference in mileage between a 1.0L and 1.3L
Thanks (Y)

solarice

Ex. Club Member
I think hes getting at the extra power making the car a little easier to drive / nicer at 70mph...the usual stuff youd expect from a bigger engined car tbh.

frank

Club Member
the 1.0 is just a destroked 1.3 really, and are very frugal if you dont rag it (power steering and aircon have a marked effect tho :eek:)

1.0 is a bit better on fuel had one a few years ago but cant remember what mileage i got out of it,
the 1.3 is way more fun and it just feels better to drive.i get around 400 - 450 kms for 40 euros worth of petrol and thats with drivin it hard

superls

K10 Tuner
thats probably depends on age of car, servicing etc. shouldn't be the case normally. i wanted to know if there is any known issue with the 1.0 besides the power.

my 1.3 is a p reg sr, 76k miles on the clock, tripped yesterday ar 44.7 (almost 45) miles per gallon (mpg)

my brothers is not even breaking into the 40's, no where near, mind he has a heavier foot than me.

ronin_kid

61 cubic inches of power
i thought ED had looked at the fuel maps and said they were the same for the 1.0/1.3 (with the only real difference being the ignition timing) hence why the 1.3 usually has better mpg fwn

baguete

Site Supporter
i thought ED had looked at the fuel maps and said they were the same for the 1.0/1.3 (with the only real difference being the ignition timing) hence why the 1.3 usually has better mpg fwn

True... The maps are very similar. And there is a big different between the MPG that a Pre-Facelift and a Facelift does, because of a higher K-value (injection multiplier) on Facelifts, older K11's have better MPG...

ronin_kid

61 cubic inches of power
True... The maps are very similar. And there is a big different between the MPG that a Pre-Facelift and a Facelift does, because of a higher K-value (injection multiplier) on Facelifts, older K11's have better MPG...

that would explain why my old pre-f/l was better on the juice then my '99, both were 1.0s but the pfl managed 40ish mpg wheras the f/l only managed low 30's (but had p/s tho)