which jap performance car?

Type-R

Ex. Club Member
i was going to do a poll but could not figure how to do it.
heres the list of some jap cars and just quickly say why you would want that one etc. Just want to get some fresh feedback on some i dnt know about.

1. Skyline R34 *GT-R & GT-T*
2. Mazda RX7 *Turbo*
3. Toyota Supra *Twin turbo*

I have driven a R34 GT-R and i loved it and thats my choice. But i also love toyota supra's they are gorgeous and they can be tuned pretty well like the skyline. Is the RX7 underated or is there something more to it? Price wise they can all be picked up around £10K for a nice example.

any feedback from personal experience or mates family etc would be great.

I'd be very surprised to see where an R34 GTR can be had for £10k. GT-T fair enough...

RX-7 are very nice especially if fitted with the 20B Cosmo engine (maybe possible for £10K).

Not very keen on Supras myself, rather have a Z-Car.

I'd also look at Evos, Celica GT4s and GTIRs but I like the 4WD rally thing...

the R34 for ten G's will be a GTT. Seen them going for that on auto trader a while back.

I would also consider a G35 Skyline Coupe (Yes its a 4 seater 350z but i like it)

and i also like the NSX-R and ive also seen a few pictures of a Subaru Legacy STI version which looks very nice.

you would need to stick a turbo or supercharger onto the 86 though to get it into the same league as the Skyline, supras and NSX's

worth it though!

All are very different cars. Have been in both an R34 GTT and Supe TT. The Supra is much more easy to tune than the Skyline - cost us thousands to get the Skyline to 400bhp, whereas a mate with a Supra didn't have many mods beyond exaust, EBC, aftermarket ECU and induction to get the same sort of power. Don't know an awful lot about the RX7 apart from the fact that they need rebuilds after so many thousand miles. Would love the pink Abflug one off the Max Power Beasts from the East video though.

Out of the 3, I'd choose the Skyline. But for 10k, I think I'd rather get a really tidy R32 GTR than a ropey R34 (its mostly the tiptronics that are in that sort of price range, I think ).

yeh i have seen some proper powerfull r32's around 10k. R34's have mostly been the GT-T's.

I didnt no the Supra was easier to tune. This might swing me from a r34 to a supra TT o_O

But i love the R34 style its just too nice n sexy

Swallow said:
Skylines are quick but there HUGE, couldnt they have made them any smaller!

dunno about you but i would want it to be bigger if i had 1000+bhp :D

59 bhp is more than enough said:
id love an r32 gtr, ive heard rx7 are quite un relable and expensive to fix. cant really back that up though.

Did a bit of research on the 13B engine when I was in a Mazda buying mood.

Apparetnly the engine's do need a rebuild after 60k miles odd. The rebuilds are about £2k all in or £2.5k with tuning work (porting). Reliability is no different from any other sports car.

The rebuilds are needed becuase the engines wear more - bit like a two stroke. Silly power can be had from the engine if required and apparently in the US rotary engines are in some of the top dragsters.

Any day over a skyline, for me.

8-911%20gt3.jpg

im talking about affordable 10k budget jap performance car. Iv had 200sx before was good car but not quick enough.

I still am convinced that i will end up getting a r34 within the next year or so. Although after this thread i will do more research into supra's

Back