Which is better offset bushes or adjustable pan rod

I'd like to get the panhard rod but it's money I don't have so I was wondering if the offset bushes someone sells on here are just as good

frank

Club Member
bushes will correct 7mm of shift (14mm wheel tuck difference) and the axle shifts more to start with, then as the p/rod nears horizontal (60mm ish) it stops shifting and then shifts back the other way

frank

Club Member
So if I lower it quite a bit it'll sort it's self out
no, it hits the boot floor before it returns much, i,m just saying that the axle shifts a lot to begin with then shifts less and less, when the p/rod is near horizontal.
2 heavy adults in the back will drop the car 40mm anyway, so you will always suffer axle shift tbh

no, it hits the boot floor before it returns much, i,m just saying that the axle shifts a lot to begin with then shifts less and less, when the p/rod is near horizontal.
2 heavy adults in the back will drop the car 40mm anyway, so you will always suffer axle shift tbh
Pity about retiring Frank, but that gotta be done - enjoy it buddy - I do.:D
You're right on the heavy boys in the back, had a couple in mine Saturday going football, bottomed out on every little bump.
But then, they are 18 stone lumps - each :eek:

Hey Frank, can you put a picture up of one of your manifolds, I'll see if the local dockyard boys can make one.
They can do pretty much anything in the fabrication shop. ;)

frank

Club Member
Hey Frank, can you put a picture up of one of your manifolds, I'll see if the local dockyard boys can make one.
They can do pretty much anything in the fabrication shop. ;)
here,s the bushes and some mani,s davy, there should be plenty more mani pics on here tho

DSC_0585.jpg
4c7fb00f.jpg
P6190060.JPG
PB210130.JPG

frank

Club Member
somebody should make them again, i got through about 2.5m of 40mm nylon rod ( = about 60 bushes ?)
you could bush both ends if you wanted, but 7mm of shift was usually enough, and the o/s end of a rusted-on p/rod is usually the easiest to remove

h701micra

Deactivated Account
somebody should make them again, i got through about 2.5m of 40mm nylon rod ( = about 60 bushes ?)
you could bush both ends if you wanted, but 7mm of shift was usually enough, and the o/s end of a rusted-on p/rod is usually the easiest to remove
I could make them Frank if you've a pattern piece? :)
I've a tonne of nylon leftover from dropping those bushes for polyurethane

h701micra

Deactivated Account
yes position the hole fully to the left (usually) then use the nut to squeeze the 2 halves of the bush into place ah andy
Simple enough

Shame you've retired from it but it's well deserved

Off-topic I know
I'm about to build and oversized kart (side by side) so I may require your knowledge/opinion on parts