Which fuel for K11?

F

FatGaz

o_O Hi... I usually fill up at Morissons / Tesco's with their 'standard' Unleaded. If I was to swap to Shell Optimax or BP Ultimate, would I get a noticable increase in performace for the added extra cost? I drive a K11 1.0

If you do recommed a 'better' fuel, which would you suggest, and why?

Thanks
GAZ

(moved from 'General Chat' to here)

my K11 clocks the best milleage on BP petrol. Over here, BP is taken over by a local company known as SPC.

RE: RE: Which fuel for K11?

route said:
my K11 clocks the best milleage on BP petrol

Hi... In the UK, BP Ultimate is RON97... yet in AUSTRALIA its RON98. Do you know what the RON is where you live?

In the UK, Shell Optima is RON98.3 - 98.6, so should in theory give the best performance (plus, of course, its cleaning properties)

o_O

The petrol here comes in ron92, 95 and 98. Shell here has v-power which is a higher grade than 98 (i think).
Am using BP/SPC ron95.

in amercia they think its special to use "high octane 89RON" in their cars. their usual is 85RON i think.

FatGaz said:
I usually fill up at Morissons / Tesco's with their 'standard' Unleaded. If I was to swap to Shell Optimax or BP Ultimate, would I get a noticable increase in performace for the added extra cost? I drive a K11 1.0
The only benefit you'll get from using Shell Optimax regurly is cleaner injectors. You will not get any power increase as the ECU is mapped for 95ron fuel.

runnin supermarket fuel fot the first few weeks, i was doin about 180 to a tank, i do a lot of stop starting delivering pizzas, but optimax brings it up to around 230! not bad! on a m-way run ill get 340 to a tank of optimax, but i dont do that enough! lol!

I've been running Optimax for a while now. Although I haven't really noticed a difference around the town, I have to do 50-60mile runs to Warrington every so often, and I do notice better consumption on the 97/98 octane fuels, bearing in mind my exhaust is knackered! :grinning:

much better fuel consumption with optimax in my experience! i think im gonna use it all the time for long drives, seems a bit of a waste round town tho with the extra cost an all.

id say use it every now and then anyway, it's good stuff IMO

Dave

Back