Which Car Sealer, and Where From?

will_halligan

Buy & Sell Member
Hi, I need some help. Does anyone know where I can some car sealer so that I am able to seal a side skirt to the side of my car after it has been attached with screws. Like the image below:

mini-vent-seal-finished.jpg

Second thing, does anyone know where I can get some stuff like in the image below so that I can do the same thing to my boot? Can you please tell me where I can get some and what it is called - for both items above please. The picture below is of the boot substance, what is it called:

20100722_002.jpg

Cheers - Will (Y)

mate, its filler, body filler to be specific and its from halfords. I think mine was isopon, but you got lot more brands like U-pon or davids. You put it on and sand it down.

EDIT: about that sealant, just go to bnq, but wait when your cars painted.

If you use isopon p38 you get an effect like this on your car:

DSC03008.jpg

What i want is something like this:

20100722_002.jpg

Can someone please tell me what it is and where I can get one?

Cheers - Will (Y)

well mate, 1st. what you've done there looks terrible :D 2nd that boot is already sanded. you gotta sand the filler. Best is apply little then sand it. if its not enough do it again and again and again until its smooth as hell

well mate, 1st. what you've done there looks terrible :D 2nd that boot is already sanded. you gotta sand the filler. Best is apply little then sand it. if its not enough do it again and again and again until its smooth as hell

That isnt my pictures before you say its terrible! I just got that off the internet as an example. Urgh! (Y)

na but screw them in or forget screwing em in and use tiger seal all round then fibre glass filler to fill the gap
but "sleeper ss" knows the best way i bet

Yer i get what you are saying but is it nessasary that i should put fibre glass filler or body filler over the top of the sealeant when in the fetures oiff tiger seal it states that the seal can be painted over: (read below)

FEATURES
"One component ready for use polyurethane sealant and adhesive.
Will permanently seal and bond body panels and trim. Can be used to seal around windows, doors and lights etc.
Once cured it can be over painted with most paint systems."

General confusion and:

"but is it nessasary that i should put fibre glass filler or body filler over the top of the sealeant when in the fetures oiff tiger seal it states that the seal can be painted over?"

probably the best sealer is what the screenfitters use, and you would be better to bond a strip on first so that the skirt top flange "sits" over the strip, so that there is no void under the gaps you have
and if the skirt is,nt solidly fitted whatever you use to cover the gap will crack in no time :eek:

but what i am saying is should i use tiger seal and then body filler over the top or another method?

if there is no movement then you can use sealer, filler or p40 (there are many sealed and painted factory joins on the car) BUT if the skirts are,nt VERY solidly attached then whatever you use WILL crack

medium grit sand paper wrapped around a small flat edged block and plenty of elbow grease, i wouldn't use a power sander if you dont have the confidence or experience also remember take your time cause what you take off can't be put back on

Back