Which Alarm?

K10Daz

RIP Colin McRae 1968-2007
After meeting up with titch and the recent car crime increase iv decided im going to get myself an alarm! The thing is i am very tight for cash at the moment and im struggling to find one in my budget! Toad I was thinking about that but not too sure about it, any reviews would be very usefull and if anyone else recommends any good sites to buy them cheap from.

Cheers in advance

Daz

Zephyr

Ex. Club Member
i got the c2 a while back fitted with c/locking for £160 i dont think mine have impact sensors but has ultra sonic sensors n is the next 1 up from c1...my opinion is the sensors r abit slow sometimes c/locking is so nice from having car without it key fob is decent size range is decent about 15m should b near limit i think but for my alarm to actually go off u have to move around inside the car for about 5secs then the alarm goes off sensors located under bonnet n in door sil type places hmmm not sure what else i can say about my alarm...oh yeh got flashing led's with it lol

danni

Ex. Club Member
if your that tight on budget daz look on ebay or maplins as maplins have some in for 30-40. not sure what they are like tho?

B

Ben

the gordons ones, i have one n if i remember wayne has one. I fitted mine myself, i got mine shipped in from japan but can get them much cheaper and easier now. the alarm is ectremely sensitive and goes off when doors open etc...and is very very loud. The key fob works from like literally 100m away too - tis a cool party trick:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=15329&item=7968748773&rd=1

Like this one

Titch

Micra K11ng
Think you should jst save up and get a good one mate.
It's the toad Ai606 i got and its great and its also cat 1 thatcham approved, which can bring your insurance down slighty.
Just save and get a good one.

djlee_dj

Ex. Club Member
has to be clifford

i have the concept 500 . Cat 1 alarm and immobiliser

interior and ecterior prox sensors warn people off who are to close to my car by way of bleeping or 'talking' .....if i leave the window down and some1 reaches in the interior will pick it up and sound alarm

blackjax insures i dont get hijacked as they will get down the road and the car will cut out and alarm sound --- unless the correct code is entered

if a thief breaks in, and gets alarm disarmed and they start it, they will get 200m down the road and it will start bleeping (15 times quite quickly), brake lights (and hazards) will flash on and off to warn motorists behind the car will soon stop , it will cut out, without the correct code being entered ((immobiliser))

if i open the drivers door i will need to reset the code ...incase i pop out of the car for a few secs and some1 jumps in

set it to look doors when start the car , when rev's reach certain point, when you travel so far etc

total closure ...boot, bonnet, door protection ('sensors')

all the other things alarms come with as std

alot more add ons for clifford to .... remote start , talking features, windows, lights etc etc etc

Retepetsir

King of Subsonic
Toad Ai606 with all the extras, fitted myself.

Does everything I want a more, and never had any problems.

My dad had a Clifford in his last car and had some weird problems, ending with the main control box having to be replaced - very odd.

mike

I love Ed!!!!
Have to say that the Toad Ai606 is excellent. I have one with most of the features and i've heard some proper horror stories about Clifford alarms.

If you get remote start it will lose it's cat 1 status and some insurance companies charge more for the experience.

Mike

Titch

Micra K11ng
mike said:
Have to say that the Toad Ai606 is excellent. I have one with most of the features and i've heard some proper horror stories about Clifford alarms.

If you get remote start it will lose it's cat 1 status and some insurance companies charge more for the experience.

Mike

Heard bad stuff about cliffords to, so i stuck with toad.
Great alarm and also cheaper then the Clifford.
Titch

OP
OP
K10Daz

K10Daz

RIP Colin McRae 1968-2007
How much roughly does the Ai606 come in at! I might just have to save up to get one because all of the reviews have been really good!

Daz :alien:

Toad Ai606 without a doubt.

mind you Cliffford got taken over by another company a while ago, so their alarms are better made now. Pricey though.

mike

I love Ed!!!!
I have Shock sensors, Glass Break Sensors, Proximity sensors and some other bits and bobs. Total cost was £400 from a mobile fitter with a lifetime warrenty and full CAT 1 status.

Mike