Where to put my amp??

micra_tom

MICRA FTW!
Hi guys, i recently bought an amp to power my 6x9's. I was just looking for some advice on where you guys think i should mount the amp??

I dont want it directly in the boot as it will be too obvious when i open the boot. I also cant really put it under one of the seats and well you will be able to see it.

I no it may sound akward its just that car crime is quiet a big thing in my area..

I was thinking maybe under my spare wheel in the boot?? I cant really think of anywhere ealse.

Thanks for your help guys!

if your parcel shelf is strong enough you can mount it on the under side, but its not ideal as 'they' say you should'nt mount your amp upside down.

mount it behind one of the rear quarters
thats where mines is going tomorrow

thats pretty good, I took the single rear seat out and put it on a plywood base covered in black felt for thy world to see, baring in mind im probably in the lowest part of crime in the Uk so i suppose thats no use to micra tom.

Not easy to get to though. You can't mount it under the spare wheel (no space) but you could make a false floor for the boot and hide it under that. I've got 3 amps squeezed into the spare wheel well (no spare wheel) all under a false floor which is carpetted.

You won't be able to see it if mounted properly under the front seats, it should be pretty well hidden their.

mount the amp of the back of the rear seat mate! that's the install the audio shop gave me.. and it's suits well for saving space in the boot

and it's close to the 6x9's if they're mounted on the parcel shelf.

I had a mdf parcel shelf made for my old Micra, carpeted and with reinforced boot risers and boot clips, the amp sat in a recess in the middle of the shelf covered with a metal vent panel, never over heated on me. Connections were made through a slot at the back of the recess towards the rear seat, you had to unscrew the vent, and the amp to plug in, the slot could have been a little wider and bigger, but I guess they had to think about strength of the overall shelf. It was a brilliant shelf, and I'd have made it myself if it wasn't for work, moving, planning weddings etc., and I also had the cash to splash out on getting things done for me :)

Worked a treat, as I spent ages wondering where I was going to put the silly thing, made matters worse that I used the boot a lot and often had the rear seats down, and wouldn’t have travelled without a spare.

With the wifey sleeping and not able to ask, I can’t remember if I sold the shelf with the car or not, might even be sat in my folks garage, I took the head unit out, I’m sure I put back the original shelf and offered it with the car if they wanted it, just can’t remember if it was sold or not?

Back