Where to get good paint from?

Hey

I been hovering around the forum for a while.

My K11 has a fair few dents, scratches ect on it so needs a bit of work. My colour is the AJ4 flame red. I refuse to go to Halfrauds as its soo expensive and total wrong colour. Few people on the eBay are selling AJ4 but I doubt if that will be any good.

Been told that sanding, prime, paint then lacquer is the best way then waxing ect. What type of sanding/sand paper should I be using?

Cheers lads

use about 120 or 180 for the area your working on to clean it up.... once filler is in use something like 180 then add another coat of filler and then use 180 to take top layer off then 360 for the finish.... prime up that area where the filler is and around where you done it... doesnt need to be neat just around the affected area with masking paper and prime it making sure u have enough so about 3 coats should do it.... then check the area of primer for any pin ###### as we call them at work, and use a tiny tiny bad of filler just encase... then use some black paint on the primer (always helps to see what youve done and havent done lol... then used 360 to take top layer off... then 500 all over to give it a baby bum finish... not that all the area you wish to paint is ready and well cleaned.... mask it up and wipe with something like white spirit with a clean cloth which doesnt leave bits! then give it a few layers of paintensureing a good coverf and a little more... then you have the choice of flatting that down with 1500 or 2000, and make that smooth and then lacqure or just go straight on and lacqure.... now thats all done.... use like 2000 paper just on the surface to give a slight key and use some elbow grease witht he tcut and then polise and will look a dream

Will

Back