Where to buy a throttle body unit?

I'm looking for a throttle body for my pre-coil pack 1.0 Micra 1994. I'm having it cleaned out again next week ahead of my test to hopefully settle the car down once more, however, it's only a stop gap measure.

Eurocarparts has some scary prices for these units so wondering if the guru's here know of any sources that would be much cheaper for me to get one?

might be worth giving them a ring and ask, i know it was 6 years ago but the one i got from there was for a 98 micra.

Will do thanks. When it goes in week today I plan while it's being cleaned to get the exact model and number of the body unit so I can check eBay etc for replacements I could learn how to rebuild. Can't see these parts being available too much longer, so a belts and braces approach could be best, learn how to rebuild them and get a list of suppliers as I'd like to keep that Micra for a good few years.

Last edited:
I got mine 2nd hand from Ebay for £25.
Cleaned it up a bit externally, before I put it on (making sure no cleaner got down the venturi).
Put it on works a dream. Really drives much better.

I got mine 2nd hand from Ebay for £25.
Cleaned it up a bit externally, before I put it on (making sure no cleaner got down the venturi).
Put it on works a dream. Really drives much better.

Mines a pre-coil pack, you happen to know which model of TB unit I am looking for? Would quite like to order one, clean it up and swap it.

Cheers, so I could grab the one from the above link? mines acting up and I've the driving test (using my own car) in September so hoping to have this sorted by then. Sorry for literally not knowing anything about these cars :D

Cheers, so I could grab the one from the above link? mines acting up and I've the driving test (using my own car) in September so hoping to have this sorted by then. Sorry for literally not knowing anything about these cars :D

No worries. Mine was playing up prior. I did do the re-solder, which worked for a while, but then it it went terrible again & I think it was the sensor inside playing up.
I decided to replace mty throttle body along with my thermostat & radiator at the same time

The replacing of the Throttle body is fairly straight forward, though a few tips.

Spray the throttle body manfold holding bolts in some penetrating oil. They could of been for on a real number of years.

The rear coolant pipe, which goes into the rear of the throttle body can be difficult to remove along with the clip. Not much room & you don't want to damage the pipe (replacing it fully be an arkward job).

Once you have the throttle body off place a rag down the hole, to stop anything falling down the manifold

Clean the manifold gasket carefully & bottom of the to be fitted throttle body to go on. I used carb cleaner. You need a clean join. Be very careful not to get any of the stuff down the new throttle body venturi, as it could upset the fixed sensor inside.

I do have a spare throttle body manifold gasket, if your orignal manifold gasket is damaged.

Be patient and take your time it should all go ok!

Sweet, mine runs so nice on a run till it settles on idle, then it hunts and smells rich. had it cleaned out twice but beginning to feel a replacement is the best option.

if you are getting the massive pong of fuel and black soot coming out of the exhaust and rough idling & crap MPG.

That was exactly what mine was doing!

You might lose some coolant taking the throttle coolant pipe off. I had drained my prior. So you might want to do a coolant flush out whilst you are there?

if you are getting the massive pong of fuel and black soot coming out of the exhaust and rough idling & crap MPG.

That was exactly what mine was doing!

You might lose some coolant taking the throttle coolant pipe off. I had drained my prior. So you might want to do a coolant flush out whilst you are there?

Exactly the issues mine is having, I'll have a look at replacing mine myself, but I have a brilliant garage down the road, so if it's beyond me (i fix computers) I will dump it in for a half day and have it fixed. It is just ensuring I have a compatible part which has become the chore.

Exactly the issues mine is having, I'll have a look at replacing mine myself, but I have a brilliant garage down the road, so if it's beyond me (i fix computers) I will dump it in for a half day and have it fixed. It is just ensuring I have a compatible part which has become the chore.

ok good luck. It's fairly straight forward.
When purchasing mine. I forgot to enquire about the CVT thing. Though I just matched the year model and did a visual check!

So I need to advise the garage to change a part from my fitted TB unit to the new one just incase.

I don't think so. What I am saying is.

I just matched my year I required and visually checked. Purchased then fitted. I think mine did come from a manual car (though don't quote me).

My Micra CVT runs great. So if there is any difference in a CVT body housing & one from a manual version (I did do a visual check, once I got my old one off, I couldn't see any difference). My Micra isn't noticing it, as it's running great.

Found a brand new one for £95 delivered, snapped that up today, was a lucky find from the above link posted last night. Hoping to have it here by end of the month and fitted, be tight, using the car for my driving test on the 7th :D

Found a brand new one for £95 delivered, snapped that up today, was a lucky find from the above link posted last night. Hoping to have it here by end of the month and fitted, be tight, using the car for my driving test on the 7th :D

Lets us know how you get on with that. Sounds like that Tawian bloke on ebay?

Lets us know how you get on with that. Sounds like that Tawian bloke on ebay?

All done, installed it and the car runs like new, allebit with a new grinding noise hence my soon to happen thread about replacing CVT fluid. Then getting it in shops to check for a sticking caliper :D

But overall very happy with the new TB unit.

All done, installed it and the car runs like new, allebit with a new grinding noise hence my soon to happen thread about replacing CVT fluid. Then getting it in shops to check for a sticking caliper :D

But overall very happy with the new TB unit.

That's good news. I was considering buying from the tawian seller.
Is your grinding noise like when you slow down to say less then 5 mph & coming to a slow and stationery stop?

Ahh, I'm having a buddy check over the brakes and stuff soon to be sure, and definitely planning a fluid swap on the CVT box, after that seeing whats needed for another MOT in Jan.

I'm near Rawtenstall. Been told prob front cross member but I can supply the panel, and front driver sill likely, the body is perfect though.

Though is front cross member structrial? Mine has a hole.
I put some k-rust all along it when had the rad out. Though each year gets through my MOT. I suppose they deem it not to 12cm of a suspension point etc?

It would seem so, to be honest, they mentioned it while fitting the TB unit, and the lass who is on the desk seems to prefer more modern cars, chucking it in for a pre-MOT check around November, and will update how it goes. (let me know how yours gets on)

Back