where to begin

M

Moocow345

Hey i'm pretty much brand new to this, but i want to start making my currently bog standard pretty tatty micra back into the legend it should be. however i'm completely new to car mechanics so i was wondering what would be the best place to start upgrading my car? keeping in mind i'm a complete dunce at the moment when it comes to working on a car, i'm looking foreward to learning how too though!

D

Djdr1veB1

Was in your shoes a while ago!!!

My list would be!

Interior easy mods ie steering wheel, pedals, seats, mats, gear knob, gaitor, handbrake + gaitor!
Secondly front Strut brace! massive handling improvements!
That should start u off give it yur own style then your free to start looking at body kits, resprays, exhausts, engines, Brakes etc etc!

My advice would be if a jobs worth doing do it right first time!

Good Luck!

Keep an eye out on here and ebay for stuff like super s seats and march lights add a lot to the K10!
Dave

Mat.T

Ex. Club Member
keep it looking standard, slam it and fit 2.0 16v engine simple really :D

On a serious note what spec is your k10 i.e ls or gsx, if it a low spec micra a simple upgrade is to go to a scrap yard and buy the interior from a higher spec micra (GSX,SLX Super S etc).
Also a steering wheel from a ZX Sunny, Bluebird Turbo or Silvia improves things.

S

Slim

well, what i'd do

a nice service: oil, filter, g/box oil, fuel filter, air filter, spark plugs, HT leads, dizzy cap and arm

fit an electric dizzy if you dont allready have one, and make sure the vacuum capsule works correctly, then set the timing right

then i'd put on a new pair of rear wheel cylinders and set up the shoes correclty, fit a set of braided flexi's and beel the system up well, and put a decent pair of disk's and pads on the front.

get a set of facelift steelies and chuck some 185/60/13's on

then get a decent set of shocks and a front strut brace, then chuck on a rear anti roll bar. (and get your tracking set right)

Then i'd consider things like a Super S or GSX interior and some nice ICE, but not any max power style crap gearknob or ledals.

OP
OP
M

Moocow345

Hey thanks for all the advise, i'm currently looking for the best sizes of alloy (or steel) to fit to my car, yeah i'll go have a gander at the nearest scraphead. my car currently has the softest suspension ever, so how would i go about stiffening it? coz i feel like i'm being thrown out the car when i hit a sorta sharp bend at the speed limit.

OP
OP
M

Moocow345

oh and its a GSX i think? i'm not sure really i bought it cheap off ebay... but i serviced it and they say its all in order

Arnold

www.alanarnold.co.uk
Site Supporter
Get yourself a set of Spax springs from Demon Tweeks, also some decent shocks. Boge do good ones for the K10!

I personally recommend 14's on a K10.

I started off doing the stereo on my car first, its the worst part about the car as standard, but makes it a much more enjoyable ride once that's been replaced. Then i changed the alloys, did the suspension / strut brace followed by all the cosmetic stuff!

A fancy gearknob or steering wheel isnt worth the cash, when you can spend it on a strut brace or lowering springs first!

Speedle

Ex. Club Member
alloys have to be the first mod in my book, alloys can be the difference between a bog standard car and an eye cathcer :) welcome to the club btw hope your k10 becomes a beast :D

OP
OP
M

Moocow345

i'm looking around and i know i want 14'' but i cant figure out which ones fit a k10, basicly i would like to know what the alloys measurements have to be to fit my car. for example does it need to be between '6J to 7J' width? and what PCD does it need to have... if you dont mind my asking, what are the measurments on your alloys and did they need any modifying to fit? i'd rather get some that are a straight fit tbh. agian thanks for all the advice

micra man

Golf GTi Turbo
Hey. Welcome to the site. :) Anything up to 6.5" wide will fit the k10 sensibly. Some good advice there to be going on with, and good luck in getting it sorted. Alloys will smarten the car up and getting the handling sorted would be a good start and make it a nicer drive.

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
I always feel that sorting the inside of a car first is the best way to go. Reason for this is its where you spend 99% of the time with your car. So why not tidy that up first?! You need to get hold of a Micra Super S interiour. Its AMAZING how much better this makes the K10 feel to be in.

Ed

R

RIK

Ed said:
I always feel that sorting the inside of a car first is the best way to go. Reason for this is its where you spend 99% of the time with your car.

Ed

in your case ED its the engine bay most time is spent :D

Ed

Fusion Motorsport
MSC Founder
Official MSC Trader
Here is a super S interiour anyway..

Attachments

• IMG_8037.jpg
    IMG_8037.jpg
    354.2 KB · Views: 230

Ed