Where to begin?

A

andyb5403

So I've got a K12 S and it's about damn time I started to modify it. So where's the best place to begin? Should I got for the aesthetics or should it be the performance parts, namely engine and exhaust?

Any thoughts?

Cheers
AndyB

fraz_micra_88

Ex. Club Member
what do you want? for it to look good or to shift?? in would go rims,lowering springs and exhaust then airfilter but its up to you what you want more

fraz

OP
OP
A

andyb5403

Ideally I would like both, but to begin with it's preferably for it to shift. And would you have any recommendation on specific parts?

Cheers
AndyB

Type-R

Ex. Club Member
full exhaust system manifold back. 10-12bhp

upgraded air filter 3-4bhp

fast road cams 20-25bhp

piggyback remap 10-15bhp

approx cost i would imagine around £1.5k correct me if im wrong though not a k12 expert.

OP
OP
A

andyb5403

Thanks for that!! Wouldn't happen to have any recommendations as to where I can get these parts?

Cheers
AndyB

Nobody else has any suggestions??

Cheers
AndyB

Dr Zoidberg

Ex. Club Member
whats your budget?

why not supercharge it? theres a kit so its slightly easier than custom. i say slightly because the kit is in japan and would need mapping for our petrol etc.

for body mods get the nissan body kit, looks great and costs about £50 from ebay. or get one from japan.

OP
OP
A

andyb5403

My budget is atm unknown. I'll have at least 3k but I wont be able to start any modifications until february 07 as thats when I'll have full ownership and it'll be totally paid for. The car is also a 5 door so how does that affect the body kits? Shouldn't be a problem I'd imagine, but as I've only really started to take a big interest in this I'm still a total newb, so all help is REALLY appreciated.

Are there any websites that I could see the Nissan Body Kit?

Cheers
AndyB

Dr Zoidberg

Ex. Club Member
the nissan body kit will fit all pre face lift models 3/5 dr. so your fine there the supercharger kit would prob cost around the 3k mark maybe more. personally i wounldn't take a forced induction project on unless i had twice the amount i thought it was going to cost.

you'd need to speak to an import garage to get it here. nismo_k12 will know more about it as he was going to get one :)

OP
OP
A

andyb5403

Cool, well I'll get some pics of my car as it stands and then that might give folks a better idea of what can be done with it. Thanks for the replies.

Cheers
AndyB

Type-R

Ex. Club Member
leave it looking stock! if anything drop it on coilovers and use 14" split rims

Ultimate jap look!! plain and simple, and performance and budget friendly.

as for performance parts im sure i seen impul do performance cams for a k12.

nismo_k12

Ex. Club Member
my advice would be.

1) fit an induction kit
2) get some coilovers
3) lightweight wheels
4) carbon bonnet
5) centre section and back box exhaust.

That should come nicely to 3K maybe be a bit more

if you've got a bit more money for £600 you can get the nismo manifold. Not sure if it comes with a Cat though.

OP
OP
A

andyb5403

Cool, got a bit of a difference of opinions but as I said before can't start anything until february anyway so that's plenty of time to price and budget for everything. It's really the performance aspect I want to boost and it doesn't need to go insanely fast, as long as it can do those quarter mile stretches nicely that woud be grand :wasntme: the exterior work can always wait a while but as long as I get the engine and such done I can then worry about some interior stuff, seats, dials, ice etc and then move on to a body kit or whatever. But I do agree with you Type-R first things first it'll defineltly need lowered and some knew wheels.

Cheers
AndyB

Type-R

Ex. Club Member
yeh i would sell the 1.2 get a 160sr and go from there.

whats the point of spending money on the 1.2 and then whooped by a standard 160sr, might as well have a decent base to start off with.

Hi there i am Vassilis from Athens Greece. I have a 1.4lt K12 . It has a completely different exhaust from start till the end and a racing catalyt. It also has lowering eibach springs . The official import sells it this way and calls it racing.They say its 1oo hp but i guess its about 94-96 . We have a cup here with this car. Well i have asked for a little more and someone told me about a parallel ecu that increases torque .I am not sure it works . Has anyone ever heard about it ? The only thing i want to do further is that and also put a water temp gauge . About supercharging i know that the impul supercharger gives about 30 hp but has many working problems and tooo much money. About 5000 euros!!!