Where dose this go and its purpose guys.

As I fit back the hoses for the matrix heater the that runs from the thermostat this little one the past owner block off to. Can anyone with this thank you.

Attachments

• 20210223_135112.jpg
    20210223_135112.jpg
    475 KB · Views: 128

pollyp

Club Member
one coolant pipe goes from the rear-right of the engine head to the TB (to operate the fast-idle waxstat mechanism and/or keep the TB warm),
while another pipe goes from the TB back down joining into the bigger coolant return pipe (where you a arrowed) to enter the water pump.

OP
OP
Lyte
Oh I see yes you are right I remember seeing that smaller pipe from the front. You are eight, so should I reconnect it or leave or as it is since the car is working fine. But I'm the kind of person who likes all things to be original in order as the car come. Thank you.

Sent from my SM-G615F using Micra Sports Club mobile app

pollyp

Club Member
Oh I see yes you are right I remember seeing that smaller pipe from the front. You are eight, so should I reconnect it or leave or as it is since the car is working fine. But I'm the kind of person who likes all things to be original in order as the car come. Thank you.

Provided ur fast idle waxstat plunger is working as normal (plunger behind TB actually extends when Warmed up) and ain't seized solid (which is common) or ur running a facelift TB without the waxstat mechanism, then you could leave the hoses plumbed in.

But if the waxstat is stuck, I normally remove the entire mechanism to allow the throttle to fully close, allow the IACV to do the exact same job, and bypass/block/remove those two coolant lines which also helps keep the intake system cooler.

I wrote a guide bout it

Sent from my CLT-L29 using Micra Sports Club mobile app

pollyp

Club Member
Ok, so that black canister thing behind there is the wax stat? do you have any pic showing how it is set up or how it looks on an engine standard.

oh yours is a very late facelift, in that case it'll be a modern coilpack and won't have the early waxstat stuff.

in which case you can leave those coolant lines attached.

good heater depends on a functioning thermostat, no air in the coolant, clean unclogged heater matrix (inside & outside), heater control rods/cables all adjusted correctly, and clean pollen filter if fitted.

OP
OP
Lyte
Yes it is coil pack and since I hook back up the hose and try it it working ok heating well. All three fan speeds work ok. I'm just hoping Oi don't get any probs with the cvt transmission. But I love the boy he's in good condition.it was just that one little hose line I thought would of make a difference on the coolunt line.