Where Can I Source A Genuine Bosch MAF Sensor?

Hi guys,

Posted a while back about a possible dying MAF sensor. Long story short still getting P0171 system too lean and car has no power.
Anyone know where I can source a genuine replacement? I've tried airmassmeters.com but they can't help. There are ones on eBay for ~£35 but aren't genuine and I've read of them failing in a few months.

This is a facelift micra (2001) and I'm after the sensor alone rather than a whole new (expensive) TB. Thanks (Y)

porkpie700

Buy & Sell Member
Best get a used throttle body since those MAFs are built into them, nissan quoted me £600 for a new TB, so i got one from a scrap yard for £20. It wasn't even for my model (a 1999) it came off a 94' but it runs beautiful, that car does 350+ miles a week and it hasn't missed a beat since.

porkpie700

Buy & Sell Member
I'm not sure which that is, 2001... would that be the one renno messed around with and moved the crank angle sensor into the cam-chain cover? I never saw the point in those revisions because they stopped production just a year later.

OP
OP
Slug
he,s after the bosch (coilpack type) one tho porkpie, with the removable maf

I am indeed :wasntme:

Seem to be able to find plenty of MAFs but not Bosch ones. Might just end up taking a gamble and getting one...
I want my old '97 Micra back :(

OP
OP
Slug
Hello :(

Things took a turn for the worst today. Can't get the car past 20mph or so. Just coughs and splutters at me.
It's definately the MAF sensor as I unplugged it temporarily and it ran like a dream. Plugged it back in and it's back to coughing.

Been trying since I last posted to get a Bosch replacement. No luck - even with the suggested sites.
Going to try scrap yard ASAP and failing that, it will be a choice between £330 at Andrew Page for a genuine TB or £30 - £80 online for a non-genuine replacement sensor.

Will keep updating on here. Ta

I have one of the ebay £30 jobs and have had it in fo 13 months now and all is well. Only problem was having to hack the screws to get them off. Also went though the mot the other day with no problems. :grinning:

OP
OP
Slug
I have one of the ebay £30 jobs and have had it in fo 13 months now and all is well. Only problem was having to hack the screws to get them off. Also went though the mot the other day with no problems. :grinning:

It's nice to hear a success story about one of the cheaper sensors available.
I've found a set of the 5-sided Torx screwdriver bits on Amazon for less than £10 delivered, and I guess for the price it should be worth trying one of the cheap eBay ones.

As always will keep you updated :wasntme:

OP
OP
Slug
So I got my sensor (eBay: £26) and Torx TS bits (Amazon: £10) through the post, and have successfully got it in place.
Car felt a bit lumpy at lower speeds, but once I got on the motorway... "HELLO! Who put this rocket under the bonnet!?" Well... still only a 998cc but never run this well. (Y)
Full of smiles and hoping the sensor lasts a long time.
Thanks