When Radio fuse is removed battery don't go flat!

Hi all... Not sure if any has experienced this but since we had flat battery issues in the past we removed the audio fuse & had no radio in the car.

For years now we had no radio due to no code , but recently we had the code & got the music pumping again. Unfortunate not even a month later & having the car standing over the festive season... It seems the battery is back to going flat...

Is there any way of working around this issue of not letting the radio drain the battery when the car is standing?

True a new battery does last, but unfortunately so does the current one which is a year old... Now that the fuse for the radio is removed the car starts regularly with no issues.

First check how much amps it’s drawing with a multimeter
That was done previously (unfortunately can't remember by how much) but it is what the auto electrician pinpointed as the source not or battery issues then... This time I'd like to give it a go myself as to what could be the cause of this amp draw...

I think I'd be inclined to put an aftermarket radio in. They're cheap enough these days from Halfords and easy to do. Just make sure you get the older Micra adapter lead from Halfords or buy off of eBay to get the right lead.

Kirkynut

I think I'd be inclined to put an aftermarket radio in. They're cheap enough these days from Halfords and easy to do. Just make sure you get the older Micra adapter lead from Halfords or buy off of eBay to get the right lead.

Kirkynut
Sounds like a last resort 4me... I prefer to keep thing standard & original... But thanks for mentioning that option.

The original ones really were poor quality though. The sound is much better with a cheap Sony, Pioneer, Kenwood, JVC etc and they fit straight into the original hole.

I might if you're very lucky still have my old one in the bin in my garage. I'll have a look and look for the code in my paperwork as it's no use without that if I do find it.

Kirkynut

Ok, I've still got it. It's a tape/radio with the part number 7646340318 if that's the same as yours, from a 2002 K11.

I think I've found the code in my service book but there seems to be a few websites that can get the code for £7.99.

If you want it, you can have it. I've no idea how much it will cost to post it and I can only assume it works OK as I pulled it out pretty much straight after I got home with my K11.

I'm happy to post and when I know how much it was to post trust you to repay me via PayPal gift or something as it's only going to be a fiver.

There's a risk it's crap but it's up to you if you want to take the risk for the price of Royal Mail's cheapest postage.

Of you don't want it, I'll pop it back in the bin!

Kirkynut

Back