Wheel Spacers Advice ------------

Hi guys, need some expert help here as this isnt my department on wheels, ok, i have 14" alloys as you can see in the pic below, what i wanna do is add spacers so that the wheels stick out abit so that it looks better, if anyone has done this or have pictures for an idea i would be greatful, also what size (mm) spacers would i need for all 4 wheels?

FinalOutcomepix41.jpg

DSC0144812.jpg

DSC0144811.jpg

DSCN0043.jpg

Cheers

J

I haven't got around to doing mine yet, but I believe one way to find out is measure from the outside edge of your tire to just inside of the arch (or however far out you want your wheels) and find that size spacers. I think Demon Tweeks do an universal spacer in a range of different sizes. Hope this helped a bit :)

id say maybe 10mm should do it you may or may not need longer studs. just a word of advice dont touch cheap ally spacers i had some on my old 205 that i dint know was on there (i couldn't see them behind the pepper pot wheels) and one had split which could of proved dangerous im not saying spacers are bad just dont go near cheap ones! (Y)

Cheers for your replys guys!!! ill do some measuring to see whats right and the advice for the cheap spacers, yeah thats damn dangerous the whole wheel could have buckle the hub it the spacer broke off.... thanks for the comment john about the rear lights, i may sell them and go back to standard, still contemplating.

Cheers

J

20mm sits good with a properly adjusted panhard. Youll need longer studs though, and you can get 10mm on without longer studs but i wouldnt recommend it as a permamant thing

20mm at least on the rear, fronts don't need to be so wide best to measure, anything over about 8mm or so and i would use longer studs for piece of mind, or hunt out a set of cheap wheels with a more suitable offset, probably cheaper and definately less hassle.

Hi guys, thanks again for your replies, i dont fancy to start messing about with studs etc on the rear wheels!! id rather fit the maximum size i can without messing about with the studs etc so to safe point this would 8mm be adequate as permanant fitting? the wheels i have came off a 2000 model K11 original nissan wheels, i still yet to fit the rear panhard bush i got from frank!!! i also have a few bits and pieces to do like change the front X2 track control arms, track rod ends and also the steering rack gaiters thats needs to be carried out...

cheers

J

Back