Wheel Sizes

Hi all,
New to Micra, new to the site, so if I sound daft its cos I dont know if it can be done.....

Have a K12 1.2, ok someone had to buy it!!
Its never going to be quick so will be going down the looks route.

I want to fit some new wheels and can see that some cars have as standard 15" some 16", but trying to find the size on the web is proving harder that I guessed it would!

That said I have seen some 17" that we fancy, yes I know the cost of the tyres will be silly but will they fit? 205/40/17 is the size and I have seen that you say 195 fit but will 205's?.......

All and any ideas welcome, and if someone could tell me the 16" rim size ie its j size and stud dia that would be a help as well...

Thanks all.

I had 205/40/17s on my old K12 1.2S. Shown below (it's lowered here). So they definitely fit.

micraside.jpg

Thanks Guys,
I notice that the K12 must be the most unloved micra about...

Are there any good sites for body parts, have seen a few but they are more for racing that anything else. We lile the look of the small plastic trims for the wheel arches, but are unable to find ahy, asked our local dealer who must have thought we had dropped of a christmas tree with the look he gave us...!

eltaylor... what other mods dod you do to the body? I can see a spoiler and side skirts, front and rear bumpers also look different, were they wider as well to fit the wheels?.....

eltaylor... what other mods dod you do to the body? I can see a spoiler and side skirts, front and rear bumpers also look different, were they wider as well to fit the wheels?.....

Its a full Carcept body kit. The front and rear bumpers are not any wider but the rear bumper is taller (i.e. making it closer to the ground (see below)). I would recommend arches if you can get some as the wheels were slightly wider than body (but only minmally). I never got stopped with them but it be better to be safe than sorry.

sp_a0404.jpg

Thanks guys so thats the wheel sorted, just the rest of the car to go then...!!!

Nismo you are only down the road from me Mansetter....Small world.

Back