Wheel sizes are 15 to big

OP
OP
ferris
I understand that mate what ment was do 15s suit a micra more then just fit should really think more before typing questions lol. Hoping to put it coilovers so should be nice n low.

pollyp

Club Member
here's mine with 15" rota grids on 195/50/15 toyos lowered 50mm

dsc05114gc.jpg
dsc05121t.jpg
dsc05127s.jpg

I understand that mate what ment was do 15s suit a micra more then just fit should really think more before typing questions lol. Hoping to put it coilovers so should be nice n low.

depends what size tyres you use and what offset the wheels are, or how low you are etc etc

Yeah looks cool small spacer on rear wheels to bring tham out a bit :)

tyre scrubbing and wheel weight could be a problem if you want speed.

Harlen

Dr. Zoidberg
Site Supporter
IMG_0192.jpg

15x7 ET40. 195/45/15 with a 60mm drop. Looks pretty much perfect in my opinion, just needs 10-15mm spacers on the rear to make it look right.

IMG_0192.jpg

15x7 ET40. 195/45/15 with a 60mm drop. Looks pretty much perfect in my opinion, just needs 10-15mm spacers on the rear to make it look right.

Oh damn. Im only allowed a 45mm drop :( Mind you that looks only slightly lower than mine atm. Maybe my springs are on their way out

skymera

Brutal Honesty
I'd personally stick to 13's and get them banded. Stick on 165/50/13 or 175/50/13's tyres.
Slam it on coilovers and get the arches rolled mad y0

I think 15's on Micra make it look like a monster truck..

14" for me and 10mm spacers front and back makes it look good and noticley better for the lowering of my car, wouldnt put 15" or id be cutting in to the corners of the tyres which means id be needing to roll arches and not prepared to do all that... so 14"s is the way for some if the car is slammed.

J

OP
OP
ferris
think ive opened up a can of worms on this question LOL defo 15s do look good but i think 14s do suit the lowered ones more. cheers everyone

camoxodka

car half done :)
well i have 14" and atm i am happy with them, yes it does have a lot of space between the wheel and arch but 4 small parts could sort that out springs :) atm my space between arch and wheel is about 8cm i think i am not to sure. :)

but i prefer to have maybe 15" someday because that would mean that you could buy wheels and not springs :D

peposhi

Once I win the Euromillions...
15 OZ Power with 195/45 tires.
35mm shorter springs, stock shocks

P1090831.JPG

And this is how the car looked with 10 concrete slabs in the boot:
P1090830.JPG

I think you could easy go for 50mm drop if you choose 15s...

peposhi

Once I win the Euromillions...
Hahahaaaa, peposhi, thats kooool, 10 concrete sabs in the boot, cheapest way to lower the car if you have the slabs for freeeee.....

j

I didn't really want to put them in, but I was asked to pay 20 Euro delivery charge when my house is literally 2min drive from the shop... so had to do it on my own. I couldn't resist not taking pictures - that's the drop I want to have some day :)

I didn't really want to put them in, but I was asked to pay 20 Euro delivery charge when my house is literally 2min drive from the shop... so had to do it on my own. I couldn't resist not taking pictures - that's the drop I want to have some day :)

loooool, 20 euros, bloooody ripp off!!!

J

This has got me wondering if i wasted my money now :eek: 15's with 194/45 rubber on keep the overall diameter the same as factory, so im hoping no rubbing, from what i read above i should be ok to add 30mm lowering springs on standard shocks without rubbing? wondering if i have the right style wheels now, on silver i think multi spoke look better. Having said that the pics above with 15's on stock rims look fine, but most of you swear by the ride difference a drop makes.

012ygh.jpg

markbognor

Ex. Club Member
Club Member
Looking good Barker.

I'm not a big fan of those though Peposhi/Mckenzie. I dont think its a style that translates well from 14". There's not enough going on in the middle.

SSR Starsharks....

x_67fd0a97.jpg