Wheel size opinion

Hi all,

I've recently fitted HOL 60mm springs on my micra, its transformed the look of my car and i'm really pleased. However after having them fitted my sprayed steelies just aren't doing it for me anymore, therefore I'm after some alloys.

After a load of looking on the web, I have a few favourites like starmags, minilites, and a few others.

I thought that 14's would of been an ideal size for my k11 but by the looks of it the majority of the wheels only come in 13 and 15 inch, and if they are 14 inch they stop at 6j rather than 7 and 8j on 13 and 15's. Therefore i'm unsure as of which size to get:

13's: and potentially have a larger arch gap than desired and the wheels not look their best with only a 60mm drop.

or

15's: and it look a bit too big and raise the ride height up making the springs a bit pointless.

If any of you lovely bunch have been in a similar situation and have experiences/pictures of your decisions it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks

15''s are best with 60mm drop

They arnt too big and have the same ride height if you use the correct profile tyres

195/45/15's are the closest to the stock rolling radius

Here's mine on 15's with 30mm drop ( soon to be 70mm drop)

Front tyre in this pic is 195/50/15 as I couldn't find/afford the 45s at the time, back to 45's all round though :)

Photo0142_zps5f9516f2.jpg

Magpie42

Actual Magpie.
<------- All the best people have 15s....

...but like McMicra, by next month, mine will be a tad lower...on an Alto/CorsaB set-up....

Thanks for the reply, If i was going t get 15's. 195/45 would of been my choice of tyre. Found quite a few lovely wheels online. Wheels, tyres and fitting kit for under £500.

Also, would 7j fit under the arches without any modification. I've been trawling through blog after blog and some people have been fine, others have had to fettle with their arches to cover the tread of the rear.

Also, would 7j fit under the arches without any modification. I've been trawling through blog after blog and some people have been fine, others have had to fettle with their arches to cover the tread of the rear.

Im running 6.5j et 40 Iirc

depends on your ET aswell

EDIT : Weird most people struggle to cover tread at the front as the track is wider at the front

That picture makes me so happy...

Yeah, you're right. As I said, i've been trawling through blog after blog.

It's been a long day haha

Anyone else feel free to post up their opinions.

Last edited:
I would like a slight stretch to them. I guess with 7j they would need to be stretched for them not to rub?

I have considered banding but fancy some nice shiny alloys now :)