Wheel Nut Size

sammyboi

MicraMachinePower...
Ok, ive tried searching and i had a look in the haynes, but have had no luck at all finding the size of the wheel nuts. Unless i was looking in the wrong place.

Anyway, want to change my wheel nuts, but dont know the size...

Anyone know??

Thats what i thought from searching the et. But somewhere on here someone said they were M14's. Cheers for clearing that up :)

where is best to get these from?
a motor factors or something?
halfords told me you have to order them in form dealers which i doubt

I also got mine off ebay, a much better choice than halfords and cheaper. Make sure you get the right type of nut though (usually 60 deg taper)

Easy way to get some, is a quick trip to the scrap yard, if your buying other stuff they don't usually charge you for them, or if they do only a couple of quid.

the security ones look like they are 7 sided nut's, not the usual 6 sided nut.
try putting a socket on them now ;)

oh yer i see now, bet a socket would fit over though with a little tap.

lol, yearh and round them off :D

i have some motegi racing ones witch are just splines not sides (all of them)...the key that fits over the splines. so is abit difficlut for them to get nicked or my alloys to get nicked lol. i would fit them to my car now but there anodised red :S might paint them black :D

yep my old locking wheel nuts were the same design as your squarepants, all 4 came off in less that 2 mins when i lost the key! they are not difficult to get off, they are just a deterant.

Back