Wheel bolts

They are the same for a k12 alloys and steel wheel bolts.
For others however.
May differ my spare is a steel and the wheels are alloys they work with both on my 05 k12 micra none facelift.
So if they look like these they work for both types of wheels.
Screenshot_2019-03-06-16-37-42_1.jpeg

Sent from my ASUS_T00P using Micra Sports Club mobile app

Thanks Sparky - just changed my old steel wheels for some K12 cabriolet 16 inch alloys and was surprised at the difference in thickness where the bolt holes are . I have a steel space saver spare - my bolts look just like the ones in your photo so I guess they must be ok - thanks for your help.

Thanks Sparky - just changed my old steel wheels for some K12 cabriolet 16 inch alloys and was surprised at the difference in thickness where the bolt holes are . I have a steel space saver spare - my bolts look just like the ones in your photo so I guess they must be ok - thanks for your help.
You can easily figure out length fitment of the bolts. Put bolt to steel wheel and measure length of thread that comes trough wheel towards hub. Repeat same procedure with alloy wheel. If thread that comes trough alloy wheel, is significantly shorter, compared to steel wheel.
You might want to consider getting longer ones? :unsure:

For me I would check what the cabriolet uses. Against the ones you have and as mikka says :- Compare to make sure they are the right fitment and safe to use.

"Always best to double check and better safe than sorry"

Also I ment to upload this image for reference to the diameters of the originals for a guide.
Screenshot_2019-03-06-16-54-32_1.jpeg

Thanks again to Sparky and thanks Mika - all I have to do now is to trace the engineering spec of the CC wheel bolts - I’ll let the forum know the results of my extended ( no pun intended ) enquiries - the wheels came via 3 different sellers on eBay and I have just rung my tyre fitter who says as far as he knows there is only one size of bolt for K12

Well, my K12 Sport + came as standard with the same 16" wheels fitted to the C+C and 160SR. Just checked one of the wheel bolts and they are longer than the ones shown in the diagram above.
Micra wheel bolt stamping.jpg
ypQ00Lp.jpg

The overall length is 54.5mm and 18 complete thread pitches...
It's significant that the 16" Sport/C+C wheels are made by BBS and the wheel bolts that are used with them as standard are stamped 'BBS' on the head......

Last edited:
Thanks John for the pictures especially with the rule alongside the bolt - your bolt is definitely longer than my bolt - mine measures 21mm of actual thread. I am getting 11 full thread turns on insertion of each bolt which is more than the diameter so I am quite comfortable that the bolts are safe. Having said that I am going to try and source some bolts labelled BBS just to be ultra confident.

Thanks John for the pictures especially with the rule alongside the bolt - your bolt is definitely longer than my bolt - mine measures 21mm of actual thread. I am getting 11 full thread turns on insertion of each bolt which is more than the diameter so I am quite comfortable that the bolts are safe. Having said that I am going to try and source some bolts labelled BBS just to be ultra confident.
I had the spare wheel bolt to check as I have these 20mm hubcentric spacers on the back of my K12 and they came with the longer wheel bolts as shown in the picture, very good value at £35 for the set including carriage...
Micra 20mm spacers.jpg

What the rear of the car looks like after fitting.....
m7WmiDR.jpg

rq0LndT.jpg

Those hubcentric spacers look well machined. Do they make the wheel face inline with the body panels. Because I always thought that they should not stick out. And if they do you must have some of those wheel arch extensions.
Looks great with those installed btw.

That was a good year Mika, the last year that I was clean shaven, been bearded since late 1966:oops:. 1967 perhaps not so, as I got married for the first time in that year, (seemed a good idea at the time)..........:giggle:
Then you already know this: Females are never wrong, in case that they are wrong. That is caused by something that males said or didn't say, did or didn't do.

Those hubcentric spacers look well machined. Do they make the wheel face inline with the body panels. Because I always thought that they should not stick out. And if they do you must have some of those wheel arch extensions.
Looks great with those installed btw.

Well the wheels/tyres are still within the body work but I have fitted some spats to the rear wheel arches, primarily for looks but they do reduce the amount of crap splashed up the rear quarter panels...
WP_20170829_001.jpg

And a view from above to show how much the tyres are covered :cool:.....
WP_20190309_002.jpg

Back