wheel bearings

Just wondering how free these should turn, took them off today and both sides on the grasser sound like I'm winding a clock up, the spare i have, that sounds like I'm scraping something on a wall (sorry best descriptions i could come up with) both seem to be stiffish while spinning.

Cheers

it might free up if you bolt the c/v into it glen ?

whys that bud, what about the noise don't sound right to me reckon the grasser 1 is goosed, just not to sure on the spare the spare is off a road car which was used till last week, if i was to get it replaced would it spin a lot more freely

whys that bud, what about the noise don't sound right to me reckon the grasser 1 is goosed, just not to sure on the spare the spare is off a road car which was used till last week, if i was to get it replaced would it spin a lot more freely
because it holds the halves of the bearing races together mate :)

while I'm on about loosening things up how loose should these be, steering rack drivers side seems floppy lift up and it just drops to the position in the pic. Gear mech part seems very stiff

just gonna go for the spares if a new one won't free it up any from what I'm feeling :) any thoughts on the other parts Frank

just gonna go for the spares if a new one won't free it up any from what I'm feeling :) any thoughts on the other parts Frank
the rack is ok if there,s no excessive play glen, and try lubing the gearchange joints eh :)
did you try the bearing with the c/v nut tightened ?

it kinda flops around to be honest frank, yeah i put some copper grease on the joint it did move just quite stiff, yeah bud tightened the nut up

Back