Wheel alignment

Had the wheel alignment checked after changing the track rod ends they said the alignment wasn't far out once adjusted the car still pulls to the left with the steering wheel straight ahead so end to drive with the steering wheel slightly to the right is this a common micra thing or just poorly adjusted ? Cheers

Have you considered that the steering wheel may have been removed at some stage and refitted incorrectly?
Alternatively I would go back to the company that did the alignment for you and ask them to road test and redo if required.

Have you considered that the steering wheel may have been removed at some stage and refitted incorrectly?
Alternatively I would go back to the company that did the alignment for you and ask them to road test and redo if required.
it sounds like the steering is "pulling" left, not off-centre
and no amount of tracking will cure a pull, tyre wear, tyre pressure, wheel camber, caster or stagger will tho

Cars has had no discs and pads and new rear shoes so this can't be the problem. I have swapped wheels from the back as these are fairly new so can't be tread depth, steering wheel has been off as there was a problem with the power steering before we got the car however wen doing the alignment the steering wheel is in the middle so adjusting the alignment should make the steering wheel centred. Cars had two new track rod ends. Tyre pressure are all the same.

So possible wheel castor, or camber. But shouldn't this be checked on the wheel alignment ?

Suggest you check power steering is not biasing to one side or the other. Suggest you jack up both sides of front end with both front wheels completely free. Start and run engine and operate power steering left and right, and then approximately centering the steering wheel. Check that the movement of the wheels is exactly as synchronised with the movement of the steering wheel and that the front wheels do not drift left or right after you stop moving the steering wheel. Observe for a few moments and rev the motor to ensure that the front wheels do not drift to one side or the other due to the power steering falsely pulling the wheels to one side or the other? Worth a try at no cost, only time and perseverance. Good luck.

When my wishbone arm suspension bush was deteriorated (had to replace for mot) I had noticed my k12 slightly favour turning to the kerb <_<
Are your bushes all in good order on your suspension arms?
...Although, saying that, apparently my track rod ends needed changing at the time too ^_^

hi i'm having the same problem

car pulls to the left, it is not quite excessive but still

had wheel alignment done twice + balancing still same problem. went back to the garage, they tightened the steering wheel which led to some discomfort while driving.

the steering wheel when centered automatically goes a little on the left.

i was thinking about swapping the front wheels to the back and rear wheels to the front and afterwards change the tyres on the front.

the existing front tyres which will go the rear are quite good. the existing rear tyres are quite old and will need to be replaced sooner or later

do you think its a good idea?

thx

measure the rear wheels lateral distance from the arch and they should be equal & centered. if it's offset by afew mm, it could make the rear axle point a fraction deg slightly off.

check left/right pressures are equal.
swap between the left & right wheels. if it pulls the opposite way on a level uncambered road, then it could be the uneven left/right wheel tread depth, like rolling a tapered polystyrene cup

Back