what's knocking?

hey all, hoping you can help solve this problem as i havn't got a clue! got a knocking sound coming from my 1.3gx, it sounds as if it's coming from the rear left of the car(though not 100% sure) happens when going round corners or over bumps, was told maybe the exhaust mount could be loose, but the exhaust is on the right side, so don't think it's this, hoping someone has had this before and knows what it is as i always fear the worst and think the axle is falling of lol, advice is greatly appreciated, cheers and merry xmas in advance.

It could well be a snapped exhaust hanger and this could be causing the exhaust to sit lower and when you go over bumps it is hitting off the axle.

well what ever it is, it's getting worse! gonna have to take it to the rip off merchants(mechanics), going to mention what frank said about drop links so i sound as if i know what i'm talking about:eek: , will get back to you all with updates, cheers again all

update to the knocking, got it fixed a few days ago, turns out it was the plastic cover on the under side of the rear n/s arch, think whoever had it before done a botch job and consequently it had come loose,hence the knocking sound when cornering or going over bumps, never would've thought that plastic could make such a racket! well at least it wasn't anything too serious,and the best part....they guy fixed it for free! yay:grinning:

Back