Whats better K11 or K12

What is the best Shape and most reliable Micra?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Hi guys,

Just had a thought, i dont know if it as been asked yet..

What do you as a Micra enthusiast, class is the best micra the K11 or K12?

Rate below

Lee

Hi guys,

Just had a thought, i dont know if it as been asked yet..

What do you as a Micra enthusiast, class is the best micra the K11 or K12?

Rate below

Lee

Small car and Micra buyers generally do not have “loads of money” therefore sustainable long-term reliability; durability and simple easy low cost maintainability are the key characteristic metrics that make it the standout superior runabout together with its competitors Toyota Yaris and Toyota Corolla. The K-12 does not even come close in comparison with such superior alternatives as the K11, Toyota Yaris and Toyota Corolla.

Reference the long list of K-12 customer good/bad complaints maintainability issues in order to do your own research. You may lose the will to live before you get to the end of the long list of K-12 customer complaints maintainability issues? Enjoy.

Reference; http://www.honestjohn.co.uk/carbycar/nissan/micra-k12-2003/?section=good

K11 is a much better car.
The K12 is a Renault Clio dressed up to look like startled frog :D. I don't know anybody who's had one & not had trouble of some sort with it.
I also think style wise they've aged much worse than the K11. A K12 looks dated & clumsy, the K11 looks timeless ;)

K11 is a much better car.
The K12 is a Renault Clio dressed up to look like startled frog :D. I don't know anybody who's had one & not had trouble of some sort with it.
I also think style wise they've aged much worse than the K11. A K12 never looked good in the first place, the K11 looks timeless ;)

Sent from my SM-G903F using Micra Sports Club mobile app

K11 all day long.
Nissan went overboard on the quality of the mechanics on the K11 - virtually indestructible little girls.
Fix the rust, a car for life if you look after her, probably last for life if you didn't.
Cheap...trouble free (almost) motoring....and easy to style and power up if you want.

Two entirely separate questions here.o_O
I personally prefer the appearance of the K12 (at least my 3 door Sport+, SR look alike:cool:) to the K11. It's really a Marmite thing, I like 'quirky' which probably explains why my last two 'main' cars have been Saabs ;). However on the reliability side of the question, the K11 appears to win hands down, OTHER than the inherent rust problems that let them down badly. Some variants of the K12 are far to complicated for the price that they were originally sold for, so quality suffered.
I bought my K12, as a one owner car with low mileage (63K miles) and a full service history, for £1100, knowing that it needed a new rear wheel bearing, was a due service and needed a couple of tyres. 'Lucas' wheel bearings were £14 a piece so I changed both as a matter of course, gave the car a full service. Very pleased with the car and it's specification level.
I did however have a clutch driven plate support spring failure, which meant I had to put a new clutch in it, (just over £70 for a full 3 piece 'LUK' clutch kit), but put that down to the previous lady owner probably riding the clutch at stops during her ownership, which is something that can happen with any car ................

The header is two separate questions really, "what is the best shape" is really down to personal preference/taste ( mine would be K11, though I have seen some nice K12s ) and "what is the most reliable".... To which there is without question only one answer .....K11 hands down.

The header is two separate questions really, "what is the best shape" is really down to personal preference/taste ( mine would be K11, though I have seen some nice K12s ) and "what is the most reliable".... To which there is without question only one answer .....K11 hands down.

I think that's a very fair comment ;)

Back