What you think of this?

chipedwood

Ex. Club Member
Now I'm not the best at photoshopping but I managed to give a general idea of wha tI am thinking of here:

Basically since getting my rising sun cap I have really liked the red/white combo and I am thinking of brining it into the car a bit more like this:

2eoi4p2.jpg

Also money is tight so cheap mods (Y)

What you think of it? Opinions!

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
hey just a quick edit in photoshop its metallic red but still should look a bit like this

1e7tbccopy.jpg

Good Luck With Whatever You DO Cars Is Looking Good!

OP
OP
chipedwood

chipedwood

Ex. Club Member
Smartarse with your photoshopping! Thanks anyway.

Yeah I was thinking the black bits of the bumper could be made red also Spraying the grille mesh metallic red. Also the bit of plastic that holds the aerial.

Then a rising star sunstrip. And some red seat covers instead :D

Then colour the dash red and white.

Could be mint!

OP
OP
chipedwood

chipedwood

Ex. Club Member
I'm liking this idea more and more with pictures!

Should be an easy enough job, just need to decide on a shade of red to go with the sticker well.

Shaun

***StaGGeRed***
Good Luck! depending on where you go to get the paint i think some places can match colours for you, also dont forget to get pictures afterwards am looking forward to seeing em :D

Alexx117

STI
Club Member
hey thats not nice.. i know its all down to personal opinion but we are a nice comunity here, would like to keep it that way.

And just a little say, would look good with red wheels :)

Bash1989

Ex. Club Member
i agree if you cant say anything nice dont bother saying anything at all!. I like your car dude it really goes together. i say spray your steelies white with a red lip lol

OP
OP
chipedwood

chipedwood

Ex. Club Member
lol @ rimski

Was thinking about that with the wheels too. Lots of paint should make it look good over the summer. Then hopefully money will fall into my palm for some real mods in the winter!

Ian

Ex. Club Member
err no, this is not a fairy land of goodness. People are entitled to their opinion. Especially when the topic says "what do you think of this?"

personally, not a fan.

Alexx117

STI
Club Member
well as i did say, i know its all down to personal opinion, but coming down with a comment as blunt may have been offensive, he could have expressed himself in other ways..

I think it will look cheap and nasty and very naff myself, however it is your car so you have to mod it the way you want to, as in most things in life some will like it and some will hate it, what matters most is what you think.

Personally I think you should be looking at the thread below for inspiration, this guy has good taste and a good eye in my opinion, and it shows just how stunning a white Micra can look with the right mods :) one of the very best I reckon.

http://www.micra.org.uk/showthread.php?t=30355

Ian

Ex. Club Member
i agree if you cant say anything nice dont bother saying anything at all!.

No matter how you put it, "its s***", "looks horrible", "its a bad idea". They arent nice things, so by that we should only put nice opinions down? Which isnt an opinion.

Bash1989

Ex. Club Member
white wheels with a red lip would look sweet ;)

and i reckon bright green would look great too.

No matter how you put it, "its s***", "looks horrible", "its a bad idea". They arent nice things, so by that we should only put nice opinions down? Which isnt an opinion.

hmm lol well "its s***" is quite offensive compared to the others ,even you cant denie that lol. any who i cant be bothered to argue

Low Rider

Poindexter
Founding Member
Club Member
A poll would have been easier........but if you are interested in opinions, I'd save your money. I wouldn't have even stuck on the sticker, then again if you ask around you'll find I am not much of a fan of body modifications........so I am somewhat biased ;)

OP
OP
chipedwood

chipedwood

Ex. Club Member
Nah Ian you ask any polite, reasonable, successful person and they would probably call you a brat and ignore you.

Hmm well more people seem to like it than dislike it, I think I will do it as it's not something that is that hard to reverse if I dislike it. In fact it makes it easier for me to colour code it all if I change my mind as all the parts will be primed!

Watch my blog I guess :p Should be finishing off my bumper in the next few days and starting the process.

OP
OP
chipedwood

chipedwood

Ex. Club Member
Red and white is Japanese flag colours though. I can remind everyone it is a Jap and therefore better than their French cars.

OP
OP
chipedwood

chipedwood

Ex. Club Member
Well going to give it a go, if I like it then (y).

If not well I just go over the red in white and call it colour coding!

Plus should make some interesting pictures once it's done.

squarepants

Ex. Club Member
sorry not my cup of tea. florecent yellow/green would work though ;) but you have to use white primer for it to work properly. ;)

but only do the mirrors and bumpers! otherwise it would be too much IMO. :)

well with a topic and blunt as "What you think of this?" which isn't using very good grammar in the first place, i felt i should respond in an appropriate manner. If he walked up to me in the street and asked me that, i would say verbally what i typed. It was not meant as an insult or as a personal offense, its just a description of how i felt the car looked.

If you would like me to expand i can.

Its white, nothing really goes with white, except white and black (But only in small doses) painting a white car with rust patches is not the prettiest thing to do, unless he was going for the VW rat look which is used on many MK1 Golfs. Personally i'd save the money and time and spend it on some springs or white paint to match the car. ALSO, the blue/black seat covers dont lend themselves to the red paint so it would as some fashionisters would say "so totally clash girlfriend" With the money being saved for springs, i would invest my time in de-stickering the boot lid and taking that Jap sun off the fuel cap, because we all know its japanese, but it doesn't fit in with the standard style of the car, if the car was droped over some sweet jap rims (Maybe stretched rubber) with tinted windows and some nice lil jap/JDM touches the sun would sit perfectly there.

Thank you

Rimski X

Ceirwan

Ex. Club Member
My honest opinion is that it would look awful!
But beauty is in the eye of the beholder, do what you feel is best!

OP
OP
chipedwood

chipedwood

Ex. Club Member
I've got some colour match paint for the boot and it's planned at the same time as other painting and also to repair the state that is the underside of my bonnet.

I just haven't got any primer.

Boot is being de-stickered, possibly badged not sure yet.