What to look for/check when buying a micra?

sammyboi

MicraMachinePower...
Hey all,

Its been a long time since I've been on here as i sold my micra for parts a few years ago. But now my sister passed her test a week ago now and she is looking at getting a K11 for her first car. Just a pre facelift 1.0l to keep within her budget.

Im going with her and the parents to have a look at some she is interested in, and i was hoping somebody could give me a few pointers of what to look out for? Any common problems?

Ive heard of the throttle bodies causing troubles before, front cross member, general rust in places (sills), but its been too long since I've been near a micra that my mind has just gone blank!

Thanks in advance,

Sam

If you're going after a pre-facelift on looks alone then fair enough, I always found my insurance quotes were higher than on facelifts though. Sweet spot for me was R-X reg 1.0l, 4 years driving, all named driver no claims, £70 a month.

Well its for my sister, and she claims not to be fussy about the looks.... Ha. I used to have a white pre facelift super s that i modified, and she loved it. We are going to look at a 97 1.0l vibe in orange tonight, ill get her to look into insurance on the facelift R-X reg and compare, the cheaper the better as her insurance isn't going to be cheap...

Back