What the inside of a UFO looks like

smidge

Small Car Enthusiast
Site Supporter
and you know what? as long as the rubber bit isn't split, then the ONLY reason they screw up is cause they fill up with oil!!!! if there was a good way to clean them out then i reckon we'd all be sweet and not paying $200 for new ones..

ufo1.jpg

ufo2.jpg

ufo3.jpg

ufo4.jpg

ufo5.jpg

ufo6.jpg

ufo7.jpg

ufo8.jpg

ufo9.jpg

apologies for quality of phone pics its all i had at the time to take the snaps

pics are in no particular order but MAN was it tough to get it apart (ufo -- meet mr sledge hammer)

hey smidge my ufo is different to yours i have 1 outlet at the top and 2 underneith that. as you have 3 outlets in a row?

yeah there is definitely 3, maybe your missing one? they do get brittle and come off i would think...

there is NO way to get it open without ruining it, absolutely none

There are two different types of bypass control valves.

Ed knows it, doesn't need to share it eh cause he doesn't need anything from us in return :D

yer none of the outlets have broken off mine it looks perfect from the outside the part number for mine is 14950 as yours is 14955.is it different cause mine is anauto ? who knows... didi you get my p.m ed?

look at my previous thread out with the old in with the new you can see it where the battery is cause i moved it there. 1 outlet on top 2 under that and a breather underneath.

yer none of the outlets have broken off mine it looks perfect from the outside the part number for mine is 14950 as yours is 14955.is it different cause mine is anauto ? who knows... didi you get my p.m ed?

look at my previous thread out with the old in with the new you can see it where the battery is cause i moved it there. 1 outlet on top 2 under that and a breather underneath.

Thats the carbon tank I think your on about.

This is it beside the washer bottle
VaccumValve.jpg

hi baz no its not that mate it was originally on the passenger side bulk head before i moved it to near the battery mate its definitely the ufo mate going up to nissan tomorrow to order a new 1 from jap land.

do you think its possible to put some sort of in-line filter on the pipes going in to stop it filling with oil lads?

hey just realised what you are un about the part number i gave you was for the carbon can not the pcv valve. but mine is 14950 which very close to the carbon can on the drawing you sent me so without looking to hard i put 2 and 2 together and made 60 lol my mistake.

Buried in the depths of my computer I only have system diagrams for two. They are very similar. I am not aware of a third. I put it to you that you are simply trying your luck in an attempt to get me to explain more.

I shall try and find the diagrams when I get a chance. :)

hi baz no its not that mate it was originally on the passenger side bulk head before i moved it to near the battery mate its definitely the ufo mate going up to nissan tomorrow to order a new 1 from jap land.

do you think its possible to put some sort of in-line filter on the pipes going in to stop it filling with oil lads?

hey just realised what you are un about the part number i gave you was for the carbon can not the pcv valve. but mine is 14950 which very close to the carbon can on the drawing you sent me so without looking to hard i put 2 and 2 together and made 60 lol my mistake.

I'd say that feels like being kicked in the stones man:laugh:. the UFO or vacuum bypass control valve is on the drivers side(Y) If you follow the vac lines they eventually end up at the bypass valve itself ,under where the standard ic used to be

right lads went to nissan this morning he said its coming back on the computer as a (evaporater canister) anyway i ordered it £146 it cost so hope its right 3 weeks to it arrives though put me back on my visit to ed now

I would have thought itd be listed as bypass control valve or bpc valve...Dunno if this is any help or not but this is exactly what is on my spare...

BPC VALVE BPC88-01
14760 21B00

It could be the right part but would be an expensive mistake if its not. Hope you get the right bit, man.

yeah mine had a blue label with BPC valve on it, theres a pic on here in one of the threads

that looks like the device which crazy posted up? might be wrong tho. i have one in my shed off of the k10 super s, its the carbon canister, as far as im aware it just vents the fuel vapour or something like that?

i found it never thought it was that small its tiny looks alot bigger in the pics you lot posted up but anyway i cancaled the 1 from nissan and reordered this 1.

I thought that may be the case when you said about the one on top and two underneath. Glad you got it sorted.

cheers mate i just instantly dismissed that i don't know why stupid me. thanks lads hopefully when i get this from nissan its ready to take to ed.

few pics of what iv'e been up to...:grinning: first 1 is nismo boost gauge and greddy turbo timer
100_1192.jpg

100_1197.jpg

100_1200.jpg

100_1202.jpg

blits bov just up from fmic
100_1203.jpg

frontal of my st
100_1191.jpg

thats it for now lads

is that a different alternator or something? Sorry for the ignorance mine just looks a bit different

wondering what the best route will be when mine ####s itself..., i've got an alt of a QG16 out of a 1.6l N16 here

hi yes its where the air con pump was it moves directly down from the original position and spaced to suit the bottom crank pulley.

Back