What next..?

Hi all, considering some mods for the K12 so here goes!

Really considering smoking all my lights. Was considering all my best options and think I may opt for the plati dip (smoke and a glossifier) instead of the films and what not, also very easy to peel off straight away if I do get into any bother.. Anyone know what would give the best results?

Possibly doing all my badges matte black with plasti dip for the ease of removal and very little hassle when I either get bored of them or sell the car?

My hardest choice is roof bars, I think they really really suit the car but not sure if they're worth it in the long run and have been told they really reduce MPG, is this true? :(

Any other mods you think would look good feel free to suggest, done the expensive stuff and just want to personalize it a little now :)

Finally, I did post a thread about cutting my PI lowering coils. I'm currently insured with Admiral and just renewed my policy after my first year as it came down £1000! :D (I'm 18) ...The only catch, is that they're now telling me they have a 50mm lowering cap. There absurd reasoning for this when I asked them on the phone is that I am a student, thus meaning I will have a tendency to try and race the car with my better handling..? So, I've come to a compromise to cut my rear springs around half an inch to bring the car level.

Sorry for such a long thread and confusing spacing, here's my K12 anyway :)

Also have my rising sun fuel cap sticker from pro cut vinyl in silver/black to put on when I get time :D
and any opinions are appreciated, thanks! :)

80fd09a8b8.jpg

*Little edit* just got my fuel cap sticker on. If people didn't know it was 'jap crap' before, they sure as hell do now! ;D Paints looking better after a good wax aswell :)

e326c8446d.jpg

Last edited:
Loving the alloys mate, nice and low too.

You could do with the bodykits add on.. Which inc wheel arches, side skirts, front and rear splitters. Also the headlights covers.

This guys selling them on eBay, he only has few left. Very easy and simple to fit them.

These brand new kits are very rear in my opinion.

Looks and sounds gd,I reccomend the kit abz mentions.£108 on ebay for the skirts front an rear arches,bumper splitters an the headlight covers

OP
OP
Chris Why
Loving the alloys mate, nice and low too.

You could do with the bodykits add on.. Which inc wheel arches, side skirts, front and rear splitters. Also the headlights covers.

This guys selling them on eBay, he only has few left. Very easy and simple to fit them.

These brand new kits are very rear in my opinion.
Looks and sounds gd,I reccomend the kit abz mentions.£108 on ebay for the skirts front an rear arches,bumper splitters an the headlight covers

About to have a look now guys, thanks very much for the suggestion. Are they pre painted or..? Not too sure if the headlight covers are my thing but it doesn't matter.

*edit* just had a look on ebay and can't find them, would one of you be able to link me to it?

Get ntec black front lights I got then and they look cool

Ahh thank you mate, just popped down to 'halfrauds' and completely baffled all the staff.. None of them to have a clue as to what plasti dip is, never mind eh? . Ebay it is! :)

Sorry they seem to have all sold,one kit is up for sale item number is 281398442047. The one I bought was unpainted,and this one looks unpainted too.

OP
OP
Chris Why
Sorry they seem to have all sold,one kit is up for sale item number is 281398442047. The one I bought was unpainted,and this one looks unpainted too.

No worries, think I've seen this one and going to watch it. If I can get it for a decent price then why not :)

They last longer than the chrome bezel ones,that's for sure. Only thing to look out for is they aren't all elec adjust. I replaced mine with manual adjust,only thing lost is the in car adjust switch for towing an heavy load carry,no big issue.

OP
OP
Chris Why
They last longer than the chrome bezel ones,that's for sure. Only thing to look out for is they aren't all elec adjust. I replaced mine with manual adjust,only thing lost is the in car adjust switch for towing an heavy load carry,no big issue.

Are they pretty straight forward to fit mate? Rather a noob when it comes to this stuff. What's elec adjust mate? Sorry :p

I won't lie its not an easy job,3 bolts are easy,one by the grill,one on the wing and one on the front slam panel,its the one inside the wing is a pest,behind the wheel arch liner is the best aproach for them. Elec adjust is the adjuster by the steering wheel rolls up and down,0 for normal driving up to 3 for towing and heavy loads in the car.

OP
OP
Chris Why
I won't lie its not an easy job,3 bolts are easy,one by the grill,one on the wing and one on the front slam panel,its the one inside the wing is a pest,behind the wheel arch liner is the best aproach for them. Elec adjust is the adjuster by the steering wheel rolls up and down,0 for normal driving up to 3 for towing and heavy loads in the car.

Ah I've got you mate. might be worth buying them and getting someone whose a little more mechanically minded to help me when they can, Im useless xD Now I know what you mean by the elec adjust, never really paid any attention to it :p

OP
OP
Chris Why
If you want to spend more than £80-£90 you could get the back headlights OR you could get the headlight tint for £8-£9 from eBay and tint it yourself. (Not sure how dark it will make tho) :-/

http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=201130540860&alt=web

I got this tint however my lights are black + I used the tint..

Here is the result.....

Thank you very much for the input guys, really really helpful! :D I actually really really like those mate, seen them at a few shows I've been too recently. Not sure if I could cough up the £90 for new lights.. :/ best bet would be to probably try this and if they're not to my fancy get the new lights? These would also hide a multitude of sins on my lights, rather yellow and crazed from the previous owner, shame :(

OP
OP
Chris Why
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=321475665716&alt=web

This is am example of an n-tech headlamp. Expensive example I bought a pair for £60 from scrap
http://pages.ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=321475665716&alt=web

Ahhh yes, seen these on another Micra recently, not too sure what to think to the side light thing which sticks out (think its that anyway) will have to have a think, thank you for the help by the way :D did go to a local scrappie (biggest one near me) and they wanted £100 for standard k12 lights off a 2003 'E' which were in even worse than condition than mine.. Safe to say I didn't take them up on that offer :cool:

OP
OP
Chris Why
Yeah I would say tint them.. If you use the tint I gave you. MOT will pass (Not sure about other tint tho).

I think you've got the right idea mate, will definitely get this ordered and have a go at it.. Would this one sheet be enough or would I need two? Reasonably simple to fit?

One sheet is plenty ( :-D :-D haha reminds me of the tissue ads). But I will get x2 just in case you mess up the 1st sheet. Either way if you still got enough left, you could do your tail lights. :-D :-D

OP
OP
Chris Why
One sheet is plenty ( :-D :-D haha reminds me of the tissue ads). But I will get x2 just in case you mess up the 1st sheet. Either way if you still got enough left, you could do your tail lights. :-D :-D

Good thinking bro, I like it.. Dont want to sink too much cash into the car so this is like the perfect 'inbetween' will get some plasti dip ordered aswell for my badges. Cant decide whether to take the 'micra' badge off on the back or not :/

I think you've got the right idea mate, will definitely get this ordered and have a go at it.. Would this one sheet be enough or would I need two? Reasonably simple to fit?
Easy fit however spend some time at the top of the headlights where the side light bump is.. Cos of the bubble shape you have to slit the tint at the top to cover the bubble. But once its done u can't notice anything :)

OP
OP
Chris Why
Easy fit however spend some time at the top of the headlights where the side light bump is.. Cos of the bubble shape you have to slit the tint at the top to cover the bubble. But once its done u can't notice anything :)

Is it just a little slit to make it fit mate? Sorry, just want to know so I can't **** up too bad :p

I have de-badge my car apart from the Nissan badge. I will spray it black with Plastidip soon. Have a look n decide if you wanna take the Micra badge off.

OP
OP
Chris Why
Little e
Because of the stupid oval shape you have slit a little and overlap the tint :-( that's the only down side of it.

Think I can live with that in all fairness, much better than buying new headlights and least its actually legal so shouldn't have any bother. Going to buy 2/3 sheets and try do my rear lights aswell! :D will post a piccy when I get it done thank you for the help :)

Like your micra mate, always been a fan of the stealth look but never seen it on a micra so nice one :) ever thought about getting yours lowered?

Cheers mate.
Defo going for lowering but really don't want to spend too much £ on it.
Since K12 uses Clio MK2 parts, I was hoping I could use Clio lower kits which is so much cheaper then K12. Just waiting for someone to clarify that :-(

Have you thought of getting Spoiler?

Micra K12 spoiler are too expensive, you will save loads of money if you buy Saxo rear spoiler. I've also seen someone had MG rear spoiler on their Micra.

I'm in the process of modding a saxo spoiler. So I will keep you posted..

OP
OP
Chris Why
Cheers mate.
Defo going for lowering but really don't want to spend too much £ on it.
Since K12 uses Clio MK2 parts, I was hoping I could use Clio lower kits which is so much cheaper then K12. Just waiting for someone to clarify that :-(

Yeah mate I think it would look good with some decent lows, is it sat on 16s at the minute? Mines sat on 35mm Pi springs for the k12 mate and you can pick them up for £90 new which isn't too bad. I know Eibach do a 50mm set just depends on how low you want to go? I got someone else to fit mine, I just couldn't be bothered with the hassle..

I have mate was considering a spoiler from maybe the micra sport+ only if it comes on at the right price though, I kind of like my subtle look I have going on at the minute if that makes sense?

Let me know how your spoiler goes though mate! :) Got the film and some plasti dip ordered now, can't wait :cool:

OP
OP
Chris Why
This is what difference N-Tec lights made to my car! (plus the fact that the car has been resprayed)

God mate, looks so much better for that new coat of paint seriously! The lights do suit actually, If I could find them for the right price then I'd quite possibly consider if this wrap/tint doesn't go as planned.. Has yours got many miles on it? I'm sat on 54k and my paintwork is immaculate for its age, old lady owners for the win ..:cool:

Mine has had an older lady owner but from the first picture you can see it had some damage! I bought the car when it had only 12k it sits at 16k st the moment

OP
OP
Chris Why
This how the headlights tint looks when you take a closer look :)

Looks really good that mate! Thanks for the link, got mine ordered should be here around thursday/friday time. Got 2 sheets so hoping I can possibly do the rears aswell? Plasti dip also coming for the badges :cool:

*will update here when I've finished providing I don't mess it up too bad!*

Chris,

How is it going with tinting the headlights and PlastiDip?

Ordered my Eibech springs so 'MicRaider' (Mic-Ra-ider) will be lowered soon. :-D :-D

OP
OP
Chris Why
Chris,

How is it going with tinting the headlights and PlastiDip?

Ordered my Eibech springs so 'MicRaider' (Mic-Ra-ider) will be lowered soon. :-D :-D

Hey Abz, got both the plasti dip in the post nice and late.. The nissan badges are both dipped, didnt really mask off the bonnet too well and there was too much over spray but just went over it with t cut and then clay bar'd, learnt from my mistake and masked the back off correctly.. :cool: Doing my tints tomorrow so some pictures will be on here tomorrow (he says).

Ahh thats awesome mate, show me a pic as to how it goes. considering either coilovers or the eibach springs at some point. Are you sat on 16's?

OP
OP
Chris Why
As promised, the update! So far I've got the front grill, front badge and rear badge plasti dipped. Rear lights smoked with the other badges removed. (also smoked indicator lights on front)

Rather struggled with the front headlights, no idea how you did it abz! Got my step dad on the case for tomorrow, was hopeless with it.. Pics below.

Edit: Sadly after the battery being 9 years old it died on me today, faulty cell so replaced with a new bosch battery £50+vat so can't complain? Only problem is the car was bump started and think this may have effected my sound unit as my speakers are no longer working? (power is going to the amp and the sub), any suggestions as I'm clueless!

Finally, got my private plate in June for my 18th, just been pulled over by the bobbies and told to change it immediately (I knew it was illegal but acted dumb and they let me away with it). Only problem is I now have to find some new plates, considering some metal pressed ones if they're legal..? Something like these http://www.dubmeister.co.uk/webshop/uk-legal-pressed-metal-plates/uk-legal-plates/

827467d68f.jpg

78c92b9372.jpg

Last edited:
Oh YES!! Its looking super!! Once you get the light tinted it will defo transform the whole car.

The headlights are pain in the butt.. But you will eventually get round it..

I took mine off and relaxed with cup of coffee and took my time on doing it :) :)

Number plate.. You will defo get pull over.. My rear plate is standard (but I still have a space between R X) :p so far i haven't been pulled over. But my front plate is what you see in the pic :-D :-D so far so good. (I would loved to have black plates but unfortunately we r not allowed unless it is a really really old car)

Finally got my eibech springs, so I will lower it soon.. (Weather is so crap to do it now) My car sitting on 15" at this moment, will see how she looks after lowering, might consider 16" but will see how she looks 1st.

BTW.. By law you must have a light reflector at the back so once the car is parked others can see it (Don't quote me on that, i might be wrong) But you might get away with it cos your car is silver.

I had to add a small reflector for tail lights to shine :) :) my car is too dark for the street :-D :-D

BTW.. By law you must have a light reflector at the back so once the car is parked others can see it (Don't quote me on that, i might be wrong) But you might get away with it cos your car is silver.

I had to add a small reflector for tail lights to shine :) :) my car is too dark for the street :-D :-D

Attachments

• 1408131688379.jpg
    1408131688379.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 577
OP
OP
Chris Why
Oh YES!! Its looking super!! Once you get the light tinted it will defo transform the whole car.

The headlights are pain in the butt.. But you will eventually get round it..

I took mine off and relaxed with cup of coffee and took my time on doing it :) :)

Number plate.. You will defo get pull over.. My rear plate is standard (but I still have a space between R X) :p so far i haven't been pulled over. But my front plate is what you see in the pic :-D :-D so far so good. (I would loved to have black plates but unfortunately we r not allowed unless it is a really really old car)

Finally got my eibech springs, so I will lower it soon.. (Weather is so crap to do it now) My car sitting on 15" at this moment, will see how she looks after lowering, might consider 16" but will see how she looks 1st.

Thanks so much for linking me to the fly eye tints mate, they look superb so happy with them! :D hmm, I just seem to get creases everywhere and I'm not too sure what Im doing wrong, is there a guide or 'correct way'? I found the problems with the curvature of the light not the side light itself funnily enough.

Haha, I know with the number plate mate was very lucky just to get away with just a warning I suppose. I don't actually live in Ireland nor is the car registered there, raised letters, carbon text, wrong spacing and no address of where the plates were manufactured so I knew that being pulled over was inevitable. I like the plates too much though :( the police officer was walking around my car and actually quite admired it which is always a plus? :cool:

Ahh please send me a pic when you've got them on mate would love to see a 'test fit' before I even consider them, think it'll do wonders for your car mate :) Your rears really are dark o.o I understand why you need the reflector in all honesty!

Love the wheels Chris! And i like your black everything approach Abz! Im currently in the process of personalising my K12. So this thread has been very useful. I've also replied so i can keep checking on what mods you both do next.

One thing i would recommend Chris, if you havent got tinted rear windows are the Nissan rear window sun visors. I got them on mine, £20 on ebay and they look awesome!! :)

IMG-20140702-02834.jpg
IMG-20140702-02833.jpg

OP
OP
Chris Why
Love the wheels Chris! And i like your black everything approach Abz! Im currently in the process of personalising my K12. So this thread has been very useful. I've also replied so i can keep checking on what mods you both do next.

One thing i would recommend Chris, if you havent got tinted rear windows are the Nissan rear window sun visors. I got them on mine, £20 on ebay and they look awesome!! :)

View attachment 34578 View attachment 34579

Thank you mate :) Always liked the bbs multi spoke look, just a shame I couldn't warrant spending far too much on the real things so I settled for some reps from calibre. Not too sure what my next mods are going to be, either a very quiet backbox but something with a little bit of grunt but nothing 'chavvy and loud' either that or just an exhaust tip because I do a lot of motorway miles :p

Yeah it was Jen who suggested the sunblinds and got them on quite a while go, I think with the light on the pictures it looks like I don't have them :(

Yep i think she did with me also! Haha! Hey maybe shes on commission........ ;)

Where you thinking of getting the exhaust? Custom made you can tell them what you want, looks and noise to your own spec. I know they not the cheapest but it will be exactly how you want it.

I've been toying with the idea of a Powerflow system. Can get them quite cheap here in Sheffield. :D