what engine do you think i should put in

bobsp16

Site Supporter
I still have this white k10
pic.php
in my shed that i sold the engine out of to pietro,
As a little project i would like some idea's on what engine i think i will put in it.I have been looking at what batch has been doing but he does seem to have had alot of problems so i think it will end up with a red top 2.0 16v vauxhall in which are cheap to pickup,or even a honda vtex.

Whichever engine you choose there will be problems, personally I think that the SR20DE would be the best choice, it's light, fairly compact, produces plenty of power, is easy enough to get tuning goodies for, easy to source and if you just buy a complete Primera (like I will be doing) you get all the electrics you need too, a Primera with a knackered body is only about £200 off Ebay, but hey, that's just my opinion.

anything apartfrom the sr20 lump as its been done before maybe a qx 2.5 v6 if you could get hold of one or even the 3.0 qx lump

what about turbo a ma12 till it blows?

qx's are cheap on ebay btw :D

Personally I would go for the alloy lump not an Iron lump..

So something like a precat early REDTOP SR20DE.. There are mountins of goodies available off the shelf for this engine..

Not to mention turbo manifolds for the 20quid mark in good condition, because anyhting off an GTIR will fit...

its in the early 1.6 primera bob. same Ga16 engine, twin 16v etc, but it has a carbuettor instead, ehich makes things a lot easier for the conversion as you dont need to #### about with electrics to get it to work. Rumour has is that the hole centre member that its mounted on is more or less a direct fit on a K10, with the only requirement of drilling 2 holes in the front cross member to mount it, only leacing 2 mounting to adapt. another rumour is that driveshaft wise, you use the GA16 inboard and MA outer and its as easy as that (allegedly).

you have obviously got the tech know how so why not go for sumthin not so straight forward. ca18det in the back or motorbike engine etc no sure really how much time you wanna spend on it though.

i think the power will be about right. Not too much for the chassis, but enough to make it very nippy. Should put it on par with saxo VTR at least.

a VTR will always beat a CG13 with "the usual mods" because it has a lot more torque. Screeming to 7000rpm in every gear at santa pod doesn't tell a true story.

I'd go for the 1.6 carb engine, you can get plenty of power out of it if tuned properly. Or you could get a 1.5 turbo like umar has :p they really rock !

Cherry turbo parts arent the easiest things to get hold of. His car is awesome though! I'd go for the 1.6 Carb engine too :), or a 1.3 K11 as i still dont think it's been done yet.

i think a B16 VTEC 1600 would be fantastic- but a bloody lot of work i can imagine.

I personally would go for a cg13 on throttle bodies, but i'm not sure on the weight of these- are CG13's all alloy or do they use a cast iron block?

A 1.3 Zuki hayabusa engine, oft' fitted to bedford rascals.

The ford 2.8V6 was a great conversion someone did once, looked a mess but i'm sure it could be fitted in a bit neater so that it looked like a car not a shell bolted onto a jaguar rear axle and ford engine.

That would be mint mate!!! Those engines are grrrrrreat!!!!

Errr the busa engine would cost around 3k+another 3k to fit it ive seen these convertion in the front of mini's the hole car with the ga16 in would be about £80 tops,and also i like the sound of that only because of what someone says that the ga16 inner cv joints would match the k10 shafts

with a some head work+cam exhaust manifold and running on bike carbs should push the ga16 bhp up some what.

any idea's on bhp when this is done.

I've got a set of CBR6 carbs laying about in the garage, i'm sure you could clean them up and use them. If you can put them to some use then have 'em.

I've got a set of CBR6 carbs laying about in the garage, i'm sure you could clean them up and use them. If you can put them to some use then have 'em.

thanks for that but i dont think cbr6 carbs will be big enough,they would be good for engine size around 1.0 to 1.4,
ive already spoke to a man thats done these convertion he said for an engine size from 1600cc to 2000cc you want around 40mm ie r1 or blackbird size carbs.
its best to get the right size carbs before you start because of the inlet manifold you have to make up 600cc bike carb are narrower than 1000cc+

I have also been looking at a set of throttle bodies off a hayabusa and was wondering if i got the mpi ga16 engine i could bin the standard injection setup and use them along with the standard cars ecu.....

something like thesehttp://cgi.ebay.co.uk/yamahar1-YAMAHA-R1-04-05-THROTTLE-BODIES_W0QQitemZ120056342492QQihZ002QQcategoryZ10490QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

COULD THIS BE DONE.......ED,,,OR ANYBODY THAT HAVE MESSED ABOUT WITH ECU'S BEFORE

found a ga16 on carb

went to a scrappy this morning and found a ga16 on carb in an L reg Primera done 85k looks a clean engine so tomorrow morning going back and taking it out.i can have everything under the bonnet i need for £80.

im going this route so it should be interesting

have you got your engine and bit yet,,,
is it true about the ga16 inner cv's fitting straight on the k10 shafts
has anybody done this convertion yet,
the engine mountings dont look to far away the worst one i think is the top one cam chain end it will have to be moved forward.

when i get it all back to mine tomorrow i think us together we should start a new thread on this convertion because when i start making all the new brackets i shall make a few extra for other to buy as a complete convertion package because it does look straight forward swop i hope,,

A couple of question,how good is this engine for tuning,
what engine tuning part are out there for it.
how strong is it,
is it just a bigger vertion of the k11 cg1.3.
and do any of you think iam waisting my time putting it in a k10.

i have been looking at batch's sr20 convertion dont get me wrong it does look good and will fly.but it just looks like to much work even for me,..lol

ive looked at a few GA series motors, i was going to fit a GA16S out of a sunny N13 or a B12, this is a 12valve GA (the first generation, then i thought it would be as much hassle fitting the 16 valve variant so i went with this one as i wanted to keep a bit of economy.

ive collected some parts for the swap, i have all the brake setup, K11 hubs, fit on the k10 lower arm, k10 driveshafts fit into the hubs, i have retained the K11 outer driveshafts as i thought the Ga 16 shafts MAY not fit into the K10 outer driveshafts?? as a lot of internet stuff ive read in the past is way wrong. ive also got 256 mm discs with calipers ready to bolt onto K11 hubs, with a 200sx S13 brake master cylinder which is nearly twice the size of a K10 but it may interfear with the engine, but this is a direct bolt in apart from the lines are in diffrent places for the front and rear pipes but not difficult to fab up.

so thats the brake set up handled with.

i have looked at the upper left engine mount of a W10 Wagon primera (estate) this is at the moment is mated to a GA14DE down the local scrapper, it gives good clearance from the water pump to the chassis and looks of similar design to the k10 (round with bolt through) however the mount does look bigger and more wider than the k10 but it might be ok with a bit of a angle grind to make it slimmer.

another thing ive heard is all the p10 mounts kinda fit on with only two to make but i find this hard to believe, it really depends on how you mount the engine.

i am going to get my Ga16DS very soon so i can get to work on this, im using a chassis that i have in my garage so i can still use my day to day K10 untill everything is done then i will transfer all the parts onto my daily driver

i definatly would be interested if you made up mounts as i do have a welder but its not that powerful and im no pro.

the best idea is for the front engine mount and the gearbox mount to be bolt on jobbies, the rear mount would be cool if we can utalise the existing K10 mounting holes if possible

Back