What Else?

RedRocket1

Club Member (Trial)
Right its got to the point where im considering selling The Red Rocket. But i really dont want to.
I just need to think of something else to do to it. Its been de-bumped, lowered 50mm, janspeed manifold and full system, induction kit, stereo + new speakers, open mouth grille.
Im getting alloys next weekend and 6x9's for the back.

What are the experts recommending?(Y)

Oh and I will start a blog but my phone camera is el knackered.

I WISH!!!

I would buy another micra but all the best ones are in England. Seriously ive not seen a decent 1.3 for sale up here. Im sick of everyone having a quick laugh when i tell them i have a 1.0 micra. I wish i had the money to just turbo the #####.

Yeah engine work is the way forward.

1.3 cams sounds good. I take it you can just get ones from a 1.3 in the scrappy?

In fact, thinkin about it theres a load i can still do. Like upgrade the breaks and shockers, stuff like that. Time to save.

Anyone else going to T in the Park by the way?

I did a "1.3 cams" search and it found this thread... Any joy, have you given them a go?
I'm selling my mk2 Golf GTI and going back to the K11 Micra, 1.3 cams are going to be my first buy... as Redrocket said, trying to find a 1.3 micra outside of England is almost impossible.
I'm in N.Ireland btw.

We're a bit further north than you (Orkney), but we have been informed that metro salvage Dundee has had its fair share of Micra K11's, we're still after a few bits for ours, not been in touch, but our friend's daughter works in Dundee (also a Micra driver) and she has recently picked up a new colour matched tailgate and door mirror, just to state again my wife and I have not been in touch with metro salavage, so whether or not Micra's are there we have no idea, or what they have in at this moment in time.

Might be a good source for a 1.3 engine swap or a some bits to mod with? :)

Ive not had the chance or the money or the intelligence to go and get cams yet....just with TITP coming up i dont have alot of money.
The alloys and 6x9 plan went down the pan, i ended up just gettin drunk.

I just need to focus.

The plans are...

- Super S Bumpers (Red ofcourse)

- The Big Bad Cams

- Alloys and 6x9's

- Tint the b*tch

- Upgrade the shockers and brakes

So not alot anyway...

you def got a pimped out ride mate.. but seriously after going through this hassle, will you come up to the same conclusion?

what is modding, buying , paying, replacing, customising, fitting ...worth.. if there's no one to appreciate it..forget about us here in the club, you shouldn't keep your ride just because we think you should do so.. man if you're not in love with your ride just don't waste time and money.

mine has still lots and lots to go through..but without the planned changes and with them I'd still want my bloody micra! I simply love it, yes people think it's slow..maybe it's not 'that slow in reality :doh: ' but at least it's a perfect japanese achievement which we're enjoying... one may not understand me on this one; again if he's not in love with his micra. let's be honest ..slam a factory stock micra parked at the side of the road..every1 whose not into cars will say it's a ladies ride..haha that what makes it original when us guys drive it ..ladies with custom ideas incl too!

personally it would be fantastic to hav the micra heavily tuned performance wise as it would be endless giving other drivers a decent answer on their micras opinion..and every1'll love doing so.. but let's face it.. if you're really after performance..the same amount of money spent for this achievement could have been directly spent on some other jap ride which burns the hell out of the streets, and you know I'm right, I simply don't want to put off other member's hard work in fact I astonish myself and follow superclosely to 'broaden' my 'knowledge' :blues: on my car.. but in their situation yes it'd still be worth doin o nthe micra if they are appreciating what they're doing... and this mainly comes along by itself when the driver get's his hands dirty changing parts themselves even though it makes you give up before you start the job.. but IMO it's FAR better than just working hard to spend the paycheck at the local auto store asking him to do this and fit that...

so to cut all this slang short...I ask you to reconsider about your opinion on the car before investing further *eveyrthing*

cheers mate!
Ian

Ah theres no denying I love the micra to bits...Its the perfect little car to learn how to fix things. I mean i coulda bought a VTR for £2000 with 96,000 just because "its pure lowered mega mate" and not been able to work on it because the engine is basically sh*t and its money i dont want to risk. The micra was cheap and nippy and ofcourse being up here you've got Stani's micra and i thought id give it a go.
Also all the Dundee boys will agree that all people have up here are corsas, saxos and pugs.

I'm definatly keeping it, doing what i want to it and not care if its a 1.0.

It is annoying being a 5 door though haha

You know how to keep a boys spirits up mate.

If you ever see me out, give me a toot and i'll see if i can stop and speak.

Back