What does this do?

Eliot

Ex Super S Owner
The engine sucking in air will spind the impellers causing more air to be sucked and forced in then. Theres a reason they are around a tenner

Scott

My name is Scott
Site Supporter
482.jpg

Guy

Has gone over to the oily side...
Club Member
The engine sucking in air will spin the impellers causing more air to be sucked and forced in then.

That would actually deny the first law of thermo dynamics fwn.

joshbl

Site Supporter
I actually made an electric turbo for a uni project. Just to prove how poop they are. Got and old garret, dyson motor, Mounted it to a board, 100,000 rpm got just over 13 psi. Then wrote 6000 words slating them. Twas much fun

OP
OP
P

phil.marsh

Buy & Sell Member
I can see the basic idea behind it. But All I can see it to is turn the air into a turbulent vortex and maybe make a sound of one of those little kids whistle things :D

joshbl

Site Supporter
A turbo is a compressor running at 100k-170k rpm. These are little more than computer fans. And the principle of not draining any power from the engine is a load of poop as well. You may not have a supercharger to drive, but where does the electricity come from....the alternator. It has been done with a hench supercharger and 3 huge electric motors. But it also had 3 car batteries in the boot and the whole system weighed 100kg